A change of apartment is imminent and while looking through and arranging my music equipment, the Stylophone S1 (remake of the original from the 70s) fell into my hands, which I got as a gift from my brother years ago (thanks again!).
The result is a sample instrument, that is in no way special, but if the sound of a Stylophone is good enough for David Bowie (Space Oddity), it certainly is for me.
I hope someone enjoys this instrument and I appreciate feedback and suggestions for improvement for future sample projects.
Decent Sampler Instrument with two different types of presets:
1. classic stylophone speaker sound (mode 1 without vibrato), monophonic playable. Recording of the speaker output with condenser microphone. Percussive sound of the stylus on the ribbon keyboard can be mixed in (5 x round robin, 3 velocitylayers plus sliding noises when playing legato). Looping samples. Sustain pedal use possible (CC64).
2. stylophone lineout sound (mode 1-3, without/with vibrato), polyphonic playable with looping samples. Sustain pedal use possible (CC64).
– Two voices (Stylophone Mode 1-3, without/with vibrato and Sub Voice (Stylophone Mode 1 with Hi-Cut and Bass Boost.))
– Lo-pass filter (cut-off via modulation wheel (CC01)), filter resonance
– Velocity Sensitivity Knob
– Portamento Knob
– ADSR envelope
– Chorus Mix, Rate, Depth
– Delay Mix, Time, Feedback, Stereo Offset
– Reverb Mix, Size
– Master Volume
In newer versions of the Decent Sampler the response of the filter cutoff by the modulation wheel does not work with the instrument v.1.0. Bug fixed by replacing under the point “MW to FilterCutOff” parameter=”FX_FILTER_FREQUENCY” with parameter=”value”.
Reviews for Stylophone
Leave a review to let others know what you thought of the instrument!
Retro game feels!
This is a fantastic little instrument that you will definitely love if you like those old JRPG-like games. It's wonderfully made and it gives you a lot of options both as presents and on the GUI itself. I love it!
Similar to Roberg's other instrument, Hohner Organetta, you will also find a very cool Glide-Portamendo knob that I am so into. Lovely job, great work, and all that for free since it's made for DecentSampler!