I needed some big rubber bands one day. Noticed a suitable wood box I was in need of for my studio on the same trip to the store. Of course the kid in me raised his head and said these need to be combined. So it’s a box with a rubber band around it.
I recorded different plucks of the “string” then expanded them with some sound design tricks to have a chromatic range. Some are bass oriented, some work better in the higher register. I decided to record the actual box itself as a percussive instrument. I used a cajon snare block to get a snare sound out of it.
I also created some designed instruments from the source material to accompany the “natural” sounds.
Leave a review to let others know what you thought of the instrument!
I've found a use for this novel instrument. There's lots of different options. I mean why not...