Matt’s Fender Rhodes
Fender Rhodes Mark I 73 Key Electric Piano
Sampled using a Countryman Type 10 Active DI into a Chandler TG2 Mic Input, no processing.
A#2 is a bit of a dead tine but adds some character, or you could remap that key.
Roll with your own chorus, tremolo, reverb etc and enjoy!
This Rhodes was sold to me by a high school where I taught at long ago to raise funds for new keyboards. The late great keyboardist Kenny Kirkland attended this school and I was told he used this Rhodes extensively.
Leave a review to let others know what you thought of the instrument!
Like a record!!!
Big joy to play on this sample!!! The fact that every note is sampled gives such realism. About some issues…I extract audio files from kontakt and use in my Sequential Prophet XL and in mapper (pxtoolkit) I solve all issues:
1) I delete A#2 and stretched A note.
2) E5 have a sustain issue is to short, D#5 was stretched to E5.
3) In my opinion some notes in low register not convincing, little bit suffocate and quiet. Deleting a E0,F0, G0,G#0. From F#0 stretch down to E0, and form A0 stretch down to G0.
4) last four notes in 6 octave are quiet and lack of mechanical noise. I stretch from C6 to E6.
5) The attack sharpness I solve with CUTOFF in my Prophet XL from 164 to 127 and character is perfect.
THANK YOU A LOT!!!
sweet and gentel
Sounds great, one issue
Was looking for a great, free Rhodes sound and this is it! One “bum” note I found was the higher velocity Bb3 seems to die off quickly. Just letting ya know
Lovely sound, too clean?
This is an excellent sample – each sample is noise free and clean and the tone is very good. The attack is very sharp, maybe a bit too sharp, there are no mechanical noises for key release or damper which make it the tone a little synthetic.