Home Forums Pianobook Your Top 10 Inspirations!

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jacob
    Participant

Hi all!

I’m just wondering who are everyone’s top 10 inspirations for their music?

I’ll start:

Ennio Morricone
    Jeremy Soule
    Joe Hisaishi
    John Williams
    Ramin Djawadi

Olafur Arnolds
    RY X
    AURORA
    Hania Rani
    Agnes Obel

Kind of basic I know but these are top of my list! Split into 5 media composers and 5 artists/bands,

Looking forward to hearing yours!

Thanks,

JB

rweeks
    Participant

I love elder scrolls music!
    You know I can’t say I have an easy 10. But Olafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm, Jon Hopkins.. are probably pretty much high up.
    I’d also say stuff like Emancipator and Thievery Corporation probably are in there.
    I’m a big Chopin fan.
    Also: probably not in the style I compose with but I am crazy about American Folk like… Gillian Welch, John Prine, I really like Chris Stapleton (like Steeldrivers stuff especially).

Jacob
    Participant

We have very similar tastes! Jon Hopkins, Emancipator and Chopin. They are all definitely big inspirations for myself too!

I haven’t heard much American folk music honestly but I will be sure to check those guys out! I have recently been doing a deep dive on Sonya Belousova who scored for The Witcher Netflix Series, so I’m sure I will love the folks (pardon the pun) that you have mentioned.

JB

rweeks
    Participant

Very cool-if I were to suggest anything along the lines of folk I would say Acorny Bell (Gillian Welch) is the kind of song with absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.