Home Forums Pianobook Winter Voices Problem

Tagged: 

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Paul Ridout.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Ridout
    Participant

First off, thanks to all concerned. What a wonderful resource, I’m enjoying all those Pianos.
    I am having a problem with the Winter Voices sample set.
    I download to my Mac in DecentSampler format to my Mac.
    I convert the ZIP to a dslibrary suffix and copy the file to my DS sample library folder. (As all other files for DS)
    However when I load it there is nothing present after selecting a preset. (same on iPad)
    If a file was loaded previously it will not have been overwritten.
    I don’t want to appear churlish (its amazing and it’s free) and hope its user error.
    Can anybody help as all my other files load perfectly and I haven’t been able to find a solution via this Forum.

Thanks

Paul Ridout
    Participant

9000ft piano problem was to do with iOS file format and sand boxing. All solved.

Winter Voices is an entirely different thing. It just doesn’t seem to load on both Mac OS and iOS. It downloads ok and appears in DecentSampler ‘Browse’ and ‘File’ dropdowns but that’s as far as it goes. It then won’t load or replace a previously loaded sample set. It’s a mystery to me. I don’t seem to be alone with this as it is mentioned elsewhere on the PianoBook forum. As I have said, all my other ‘PianoBook’ downloads are just fine.

Any Mac help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul Ridout
    Participant

Thanks for your help.
    Here’s a solution for iPad iOS:
    Download the .zip from PianoBook using a Mac computer.
    Do not extract the zip, in stead edit the suffix to .dslibrary.
    Copy the file using a USB connection via iTunes file transfer. (samples will turn up in decent sampler folder.)
    Do not attempt to Airdrop the .dslibrary file, they seem to disappear.
    If necessary leave the .dslibrary files on the Mac for use by the Mac version of DecentSampler.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.