Will Kontakt 6 make it easier to make good sample instruments? (From 5)

Home Forums Pianobook Will Kontakt 6 make it easier to make good sample instruments? (From 5)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m tempted to upgrade from Kontakt 5 to 6 as part of Komplete 10 to 12 upgrade (summer sale price seems ‘reasonable’), although software is never as fun as shiny gadgets.
    I’m a MOTU DP user on Mac but recently bought the Apple Apps academic bundle which includes Logic.

As a novice, will Kontakt 6 make my journey into sampling easier in the short term, or possibly future-proof me as/if I get into it?
    Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I’m a bit confused because I can see the Kontakt 5 template on the site and several questions about backwards compatibility.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Warm regards,
    Neil

Participant

Hi Neil

I just upgraded to Kontakt (6) from Kontakt 5 on the summer upgrade offer as I was spending too much time making 5.8 instruments from those I couldn’t open here on Pianobook – more and more these days.

I gather there is not much difference between the two for those of us doing relatively simple instruments so I plan to make 5.8 instruments for uploading to Pianobook and those who havent upgraded can still read them.

So to answer your question Kontakt (6) wont make producing instruments easier but it sure will allow you to open every Kontakt instrument/template made here and that will definitely make life easier.

Participant

Thanks so much Bob! You have covered every aspect I was wondering about 🙂
    Sounds like a no-brainer to upgrade.
    Now to start the pain of clearing tons of stuff from my hard drive to allow the install – even though it’ll mostly be going to an external SSD 🙁
    Much appreciated 🙂
    Neil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook