why don’t pianobook instruments say which Kontakt version they need?

Home Forums Pianobook why don’t pianobook instruments say which Kontakt version they need?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

-so as to help avoid the frustration of downloading and installing and finding you can’t play the instrument because you have full Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 is required? Can this vital information not be included on the instrument’s page?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

On any normal website, you might expect to get an answer from admin…..

In the meantime use this;

Instruments that load in Kontakt 5.8.1

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I could ask the same thing about exs files, as very few load in Directwave or TX16Wx and perform well. It is a limitation of my software, nevertheless the info would be useful…..

Participant

The list of Kontakt 5 instruments is very good work. Still, ideally, you wouldn’t have to trawl a list on a forum to know whether you can load the instrument. It’s not an obscure matter. Very many people have Kontakt 5, which still works fine for the vast majority of available instruments and have not yet paid the substantial sum required to upgrade to K6.

Participant

Do Pianobook instruments work with the free Kontakt player?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Yes, they work with Kontakt Player but only for 15 minutes at a time, and I’d imagine you cannot save any changes or settings you have made.

After 15 minutes, you start again by if you want to continue.
    (I’m not sure if have to reload or relaunch Kontakt Player or just the library, as I have the full version).

Participant

I really feel NI should make it so the Player can play any Kontakt sample library and the Full version would then be for creating. Also that they should drop the price considerably – Logic pro X is £200 and does exponentially more!

What will happen is an open source alternative with start up that uses Python and within a few years none will use Kontakt anymore. This is happening with Maya animation software as everyone jumps ship to Blender.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

In the meantime, can I carry on as normal ?

Stephen TallamyStephen Tallamy
    Keymaster

The reason is that we don’t currently have a field in the database that supports the various version numbers of Kontakt. There is a plan to add that field in the future but we will depend on users supplying the correct information when they upload their samples.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Thanks Steven.

Until then, check for the libraries that run on K5.8.1, here;

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by bo dinbo din.
    Participant

Hello AGAIN, BODIN. Mark here. AS we know, my installation of WAVES is working great [in Kontakt 5.8.1]. After learning about SNAPSHOTS (in Preset Creation…thank you, Bo) I was inspired to install more Pianobook instruments.
    It seems that ALL I’ve installed (Pianobook category: LATEST) won’t open at all in Kontakt. I get an instant Error Message, informing me that I need a NEWER VERSION of Kontakt. Best I can tell, Version 5.8.1, which I have (FULL VERSION) is the latest version. The error message does NOT appear to be directing me to buy Kontakt 6; only to update my full version of 5.

I have no clue what to do here.

Thanks Bo.

Mark

bo dinbo din
    Participant

And that is why I put together the list of instruments that run in K5.8.1;
    to help people in your position. If it isn’t on my 5.8.1 list but just says Kontakt, then it is K6 that is needed.

Also if you have k5 you can enable it to load exs files as well. I’ll be back on that tomorrow.

I thought maybe the keyholders on Pianobook would use the info to update the site info. And that brings us back to the lack of dialogue between site forum and forum users.

By the way the list needs updating for the last months entries, just not got around to it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook