Who here is taking a go at Spitfire’s Westworld competition?

Home Forums Pianobook Who here is taking a go at Spitfire’s Westworld competition?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just saw that Spitfire is holding a competition in collaboration with the creators of Westworld? is anyone here going to take a go at it? I think I am, but the thought is definitely making me take a hard look in the mirror.

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
    Participant

I’m gonna give it a try. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, IMO. Plus, it’s a pretty challenging sequence. It’ll be great practice regardless of the outcome.

Keith TheodosiouKeith Theodosiou
    Participant

Yes I will have a go too.

The competition is going to be at a very high standard so just do the best you can do and enjoy it.
    Remember, it’s not about winning as that is going to be very hard, it’s about getting your music
    heard by some very important people 🙂

Good luck to all that do enter!

Maximilian KisbiroMaximilian Kisbiro
    Participant

I will also participate. I have never done something like this before but always wanted to. And now there is some very decent motivation 😉
    I also enjoy the scene and am very curious about the outcome^^
    Good luck all of you!

Participant

I see loads have already been uploaded. I haven’t watched any yet as i don’t want any ideas lol

I am on the 2 min mark so about halfway through mine.

When i have uploaded mine, then i will check out the others.
    It’s definitely fun working on it 🙂

markusmarkus
    Participant

Same here. I’ve just started, about 20 sec in …
    I will not listen to any other til I’m ready. In about 2 or 3 weeks or so. 😀

Participant

Well, my effort is up. As a chase scene cue, it does sound a bit cliché but that is how I perceive a car chase lol.

Participant

I see there’s about 763 million people taking part in it so far on Youtube – I don’t envy whoever at Spitfire who has to sit and trawl through all the entries.

I lost several days of my life and what little hair I had left to this

Participant

I saw the competition, realised I had never seen Westworld so ended up watching the first season… and the second… now on the third. Thrilling stuff!

andyandy
    Participant

I downloaded the trailer for a look see but I don’t think I will get time to have a go. Besides, I don’t think I’m up to the task anyway.

Participant

Just a quick question about YouTube.
    Does anyone know how the hashtag works as i haven’t seen my entry for over a week now.
    When i first uploaded it, there wasn’t that many on there so i could see my entry but now, it doesn’t show.
    I refresh and scroll all the way to the bottom many times but it’s still not showing.

Any ideas?

markusmarkus
    Participant

So, this was really fun – and really a lot of work. 😄
    This is my contribution:

Participant

I learned so much from entering this contest. If only there was a place to legally do this with other TV shows and movies. So fun!

I went with the genre change and stayed orchestral, like what was done in the broadcast score of Die Walküre.

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
    Participant

Great work everyone! I just finished my submission as well. I guess I went in a bit of a different direction, but it was a ton of fun and I learned a lot. I hope they do more of these in the future!

Participant

Hopefully view count plays no part in deciding the winner. My socials game is pretty weak!

Will watch all your videos later this evening (with a well deserved beer!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook