Home Forums Pianobook Where are simple .wav and .aiff files?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    james schlesselman
    Participant

Hi, I’m new here so please forgive me. I use Reason 11 on Windows. For years I have used .wav and .aiff files with no problem. I love this site but so many of the offerings will not work for me. i do not understand why I cannot use them in my DAW?

bo din
    Participant

Not all libraries* include sample packs* but most downloads do come with either wav or aif files.

I can think of a couple of reasons why it happens;
    Some library creators may not wish to share the samples but don’t mind offering a finished instrument.
    Some may have baulked at uploading an extra couple of gigabits on top of the finished item.

I am assuming what you would like, is to be able to see immediately which libraries have packs of aif or wav in the files, which only have embedded sound files and which are in monolith format and so on. That would certainly help all the people who are coming just for ‘Sample Packs*’.

I have that info to hand but even if I get the time to share it, it will not contain direct links, so you will have to browse the site and have my list to refer to. And it will take me a couple of weeks to get out.

*Before 12th October 2021 Pianobook hosted libraries so the libraries rather than the samples were what most people were looking for.
    *From 12th October 2021 Pianobook started calling the libraries ‘Sample Packs’ and this has increased the number of visitors to the forum, looking for the Sample Packs.

rweeks
    Participant

Yeah-not sure exactly what you know or don’t. But these are all kontakt/sampler instruments, and to my knowledge, or at least in the case of all (or most) of the libraries that I have saved currently, there are almost invariably .wav files contained within the .zip.

You just need to go into the folder containing the instrument (.nki files for kontakt or whatever sampler you use will have a unique file type), and (this is the case for kontakt instruments cause this is what I mainly use) you will find a folder, usually named “instrument x samples”, there you will find the .wav files that the sampler accesses. I will do this sometimes if there isn’t a kontakt library for a particular instrument I like.. I will just drag the file straight into the sampler and it will stretch that note across the keyboard.

Do you have a sampler? If not you can possibly just find the .wav’s within the folders and drag them straight into your DAW and do what you want with them. If not you can use the DecentSampler, which is free, and most (many?) instruments here have a DecentSampler (DS) version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.