What version of Kontakt?

Home Forums Pianobook What version of Kontakt?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Every library I’ve downloaded so far has told me that my version of Kontakt is too old. I’m currently running Kontakt 6 Player. What I want to know is if I buy Kontakt 6 full if this is enough or if it will need to be the latest version of Kontakt 6 (6.4.2 I believe). I ask because, due to age of my computer, I can only run Kontakt 6.0, not 6.4.

Participant

It would need to be the latest version I’m afraid – even Kontakt 6.4.0 couldn’t load some of the libraries for me as it was “too old”.

Participant

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. You just saved me $99 🙂

Participant

Bo Din helpfully created an earlier topic (see below), going through the Pianobook library and indicating which libraries are Kontakt 5, which should work with your Kontakt 6 player. I’ve had the same problem, but as I’m still using a Windows 32 bit system (until my computer dies – not any time soon, hopefully ;-)), I can’t update the Kontakt 6 player to the most recent version, as Native Access stopped working on 32bit a year or two ago.

All the Kontakt 5.8.1(R43) that’s available on Pianobook

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Tony McK, thanks. I’ve updated it as a new post as we can’t edit old entries;
    Instruments that load in Kontakt 5.8.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook