Home Forums Pianobook Welcome to the Pianobook forum!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bo din
    Participant

And therein lies the problem. I would have to watch a video on yt to find out what is happening on Pianobook. Makes little sense too me. And why can’t we have a clickable link to open the videos that they embed on the site in yt ? That takes planning.

Basically, Mr Henson does his bit and moves on. I’m not saying he forgets, I’m saying he moves on to the next big thing that interests him enough to hold his attention.

Find his last post (his only post in well over a year) and see if he follows it up. Hold on, hold on, give him chance, it’s only been five weeks.

Look on in awe as about one post every six months actually gets a response from a keyholder/admin.

But, for all my bellyaching, I still peruse the site to see if it suddenly springs into life.

bo din
    Participant

OK, looks like you can’t use either Chrstian or touyube or possibly both or the message won’t get posted.

S Fyffe
    Keymaster

Pianobook grew out of Christian’s YouTube channel. The community was born, lives and will continue to live there.

It’s where we have our weekly Pianodrop videos, it’s where we have competitions and community projects like Music By 300 Strangers and Winter Voices. It’s where community members engage with each other.

If you’re not following the Pianobook and Christian’s YouTube channels, you’re missing a huge part of what the project is about.

We are now on the third version of the website since launching. The site has nearly 700 free sample packs from over 340 samplists and 45 thousand registered users worldwide.

For a project run by a small group of volunteers, I think most people would call that a success. I’m not sure in what other ways Pianobook could ‘spring into life.’

bo din
    Participant

The forum could be so much more that just the damp rag lying in the gutter, but your answer just about puts the nail in the coffin.

45 thousand registered users worldwide but a forum fit for a morgue.

Leon
    Participant

The forum could be so much more that just the damp rag lying in the gutter, but your answer just about puts the nail in the coffin.

45 thousand registered users worldwide but a forum fit for a morgue.

Now, see post above, it’s turning into one of those forums that just has Spam on it, is that tumbleweed I see!

Shame really and I did notice one can’t even contact any of the Authors direct if you have a question from their profile which seems kinda archaic on a Forum living in 2022.

bo din
    Participant

I’m not sure what you are trying to say there Leon, but the site does remove spam very quickly.

Leon
    Participant

I’m not sure what you are trying to say there Leon, but the site does remove spam very quickly.

I see now they do 🙂

If only it was as quick to participate in answering questions by members, shame it’s not more active 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.