Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    synthesizerwriter
    Participant

I have updates for many of my libraries so far. How do I update them in the new system. The entires in my profile don’t seem to be editable. Do I have to resubmit them from scratch for each new version?

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

It seems that JPEGs are now the preferred image format… Perhaps PNGs take up too much storage? 🙂

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

The reviews (a lot of 5 star ***** ones) of my Sample Packs seem to have been lost in the transition from Pianobook 2.0 to 3.0. Is this permanent?

Praash
    Participant

Please split the forum into categorized subforums!

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

Am I one of the few who will not miss this platform/version of the Forum? The VI-Control platform is considerably better, imho.

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

Just discovered that, whilst it IS possible to edit your submission until it is actually ‘published’, once published then it CAN NOT be edited. So those missing brackets in the ‘story’ description (why does the platform remove some line feeds and some brackets?) will just have to wait for a major update…

Matt Martin
    Participant

Are all the audio previews gone? I don’t know what any library sounds like anymore! I don’t want to download 20 to find one that I like

james schlesselman
    Participant

I like this site a lot. But, it seems so many offerings will not work for me. Why aren’t there just simple .wav files available, just wondering?

Sam Smith
    Participant

I can’t be the only one,reading the comment above makes me wonder if there could also be an optional tab for sample packs with loops/midi files.

Charles Tall
    Participant

Loving the new site so far! However, I’ve noticed that the Sample Packs pages don’t scroll infinitely and, instead, hit a stopping point with a “load more packs” button or something to that effect. This would be fine, except that if I go to a sample pack page, then press the back button in my browser, I’m sent back to the first instance of the “load more packs” button (i.e. the top of the page) rather than where I left off, so once I’ve explored quite far down the page and click on a pack I’m interested in, I have to start all over from the top to return browsing.
    I hope I expressed this with enough clarity to be understood! Thanks for all your hard work.

wordsSHIFTminds
    Participant

The new site looks great. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work. As I commented on Christian’s You Tube premiere video, top marks for allowing us to edit our reviews after posting. As a ‘veteran’ pianobook reviewer that was one of my biggest bugbears about the old site. I also like the more nuanced reviewing system and star ratings.

However, is there any way for those us of who submitted numerous reviews to the old site to view, update and adapt those reviews for the new site by adding star ratings to them? It seems crazy to have to start all over again and for all of the original reviews and hard work to be lost.

By way of what I hope is constructive criticism, not griping,

Chris Bell
    (wordsSHIFTminds)

Mucusman
    Participant

I, too, miss the audio previews. That was one of the best features of the previous site, providing the opportunity to get an idea of what each submission sounded like. Hope these are reintroduced.

Jonathan MacKenzie
    Participant

Love the idea of having profiles! I did notice though in adding my IG username the regex doesn’t include underscores (though the “feedback” displayed says “Instagram usernames can only contain letters, numbers, full stops and underscores”) I was able to get around the validation in devtools but I imagine most users won’t want to do that 😛

line 75 of edit-user-profiles.js just changing [^A-Za-z0-9.] to [^A-Za-z0-9._] ought to do it

cheers

Andrea Giordani
    Participant

Hey guys! What an amazing achievement for all pianobook team. Congrats. The site is amazing!

Chester Gwazda
    Participant

Lots of improvements to the site. Very well done. (I particularly like the ability to filter by sampler)

Small tweak to comments: When I hit submit, it removed parenthesis and carriage returns. Also I added an emoji (I need little cartoons to speak for me I guess 🤷‍♂️) and it cleared the comment entirely when I hit submit. Maybe something for the back burner…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.