Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Alo.Phogg
    Participant

Just reporting an error on “The Lamp” page.

The download link says Kontakt, but the actual zip file contains EXS instruments only.

Thanks for this superb resource.

Sid
    Participant

I see that there are a few instruments in the Decent Sampler format. However, there is no sort link the way there is for Kontakt, EXS and SFZ. Will that be coming?

Richard Nash
    Participant

At last I can view this site!!! Both FireFox and Chrome display this site (and ThunderBird displays emails from Spitfire Audio) with the text as DingBats.
    The solution was to disable websites from displaying custom fonts.
    It would appear that font-family: ‘Work Sans’ doesn’t work.

Anders Wall
    Participant

I get a lot of 403’s

Sometimes when replying to messages, the reply is there… But I’m transfered to a 403 or a critical error page
    Today I tried to change my profile picture, to no avail. 403 forbidden.

Is it just me?

Regards,
    Anders

wordsSHIFTminds
    Participant

Kalen Smith (post #99099) makes a great point about resubmitting instruments.

I contributed an instrument a few weeks ago that hasn’t yet been posted to the site. Now I’ve been using the instrument for a while, I’ve discovered I made a rookie error (it was my first instrument) and placed a sample from the incorrect octave in one of the four velocity layers.

I’d like to replace my submission but there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this. Is the only way to contribute it again? If so, is it better to wait until it becomes part of a piano drop? There seems to be quite a long backlog at the moment.

An Edit/Update link would be a great feature to add to the site – wanting to replace an instrument can’t be a rare request.

markus
    Participant

Sorry to say, but …

There has been a critical error on your website.
    Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

… this error message each and every time I reply to a forum post is REALLY annoying.

markus
    Participant

Maybe, but at least you got your name change through !

Me? Well … no. 😉

I can’t change my “Display name”. When I try it I get an error message:

We’re sorry, you are not allowed to proceed

Your request looks suspiciously similar to automated requests from spam posting software or it has been denied by a security policy configured by the website administrator.

If you believe you should be able to perform this request, please let us know.

RID: LZVKYEG3XBIOW4S8VNQFTAYO

DSabatino
    Participant

There is a serious error in your login system – I login as me but get random other folks account names. Please look at your database system.

Tony Nekrews
    Participant

Definitely some issues with logins for past few days. Takes me ages to get in and when I do I see various names and also their collections. This is somewaht of a concern. I’m trying to delete my account over this. No idea if the databases are linked, but I’ve changed passwords on Spitfire account as a precaution

Adrian Sims
    Participant

When logged in and browsing the library, each new page changes the username to something different and I can then see that user’s download history. For example, if I open the “Pianos” library, the logged on user account changes to “KIM” (this is not me) and I can see that their last download was “Pandemic Pad”. Each library changes the account name to something different.

Louis VanZandt
    Participant

Trying to download “Ultra Ambient Pad” https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/ultra-ambient-pad/
    Keep getting the following error message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    AccessDenied
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>1J4HAVFHCVAM7Y7T</RequestId>
    <HostId>UTfgitKPu/n3ZhRTG8UOoi+N3F+rl6caMhFafZ+BR9TwRadzVfLzO9CUyXIjm4zVAD4N2n3eP6Q=</HostId>
    </Error>

Daniel Gregory
    Participant

Only two little grievances that doesn’t affect much but it’s a tad annoying to see. I grouped it by how they might be related.

Sometimes the website just logs me out. Sometimes I’ll be logged in and an individual instrument page will ask for my email as if I’m a guest. Sometimes I’ll be “logged out” and it won’t ask me for an email or anything.

I feel as though there should be a way to turn off the email links once you have an account. It is nice to have a download link available in my inbox, but it becomes very spammy when I visit and find a few cool looking instruments and just download them in one go.

TLDR: As a regular visitor with an account, I wish the website would remember my account and keep me logged in/prompt to keep me logged in. I wish I could turn off email notifications for every instrument I download.

Alfie Harding
    Participant

Hello,

If anyone can help me with loading instruments into the EXS24 that would be much appreciated. I’ve been trying to get it to work for months and still haven’t managed to.

As far as I have seen there’s no information on this website about how to load instruments into the new EXS24 that came with the fairly recent logic update. Please may someone help/add this information to the website for other people struggling like me?

Thanks

guildorf
    Participant

Hi, I’m getting a duplicate message warning after submitting a post, but neither the original or the duplicate appears. There are several links in the post (to Native Instruments support topics), maybe such posts get evaluated before going through?
    Or maybe it’s that blasted volcanic ash slowing down the interwebs?
    (I’ll try again later, before the jaybirds squawk about breakfast territory…)
    Cheers

wordsSHIFTminds
    Participant

Well, at least Bo Din still seems to be here…

Perplexingly (and for the first time ever) I’ve just received an email containing Guildorf’s 13 April forum post about duplicate message warnings. Perhaps, at some point, aeons ago, I replied to a post in this thread and am now suddenly receiving replies…? I am 60 years old and too little remains of my life for me to trawl back to see if that’s the case. Maybe I’m now an admin but someone forgot to tell me…

Anyway.

A charitable response to the numerous recent complaints of errors, omissions, lack of communication and download problems might link back to Christian’s pianobook youtube video about a month back (I think) in which he mentioned the website is again in the process of redesign.

Once this is done, pianobook’s forum will be incorporated under the Spitfire Audio forum ‘umbrella’, apparently.

The instruments and demos are as excellent as ever. Communication is barely existent (although Christian does reply to email) and the forum is currently simply hopeless. I seem to be about the only pianobook user who takes the time to review the instruments. But thank goodness for Bo Din.

Patience!
    Chris (wordsSHIFTminds)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.