Website Feedback

Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

Just reporting a bug where if you’re not registered and logged in the “add to basket” button just kind of beach balls / hangs without any error message. I registered and logged in having seen Christian’s video the other day saying there were issues, and was then able to complete the download no problem, but this might put some newcomers off!

Thanks!

rjbirkinrjbirkin
    Keymaster

Hey!

Thanks for pointing this out.
    Can I ask a few questions so I can recreate the bug?

– what instrument was it
    – what browser are you using
    – what operating system are you on

Thanks

Richard

bo dinbo din
    Participant

How on earth do we get an avatar (I hate that word) to load ? I’ve tried uploading different versions of my logo but it seems to revert to the first one which doesn’t display well.

Participant

Dear PianoBook! Archive Broken Strings (https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/broken-strings/) cannot be opened in particular with 7Z. I tried to download it again, still doesn’t work. Is it problem with my archivator or with archive on a site? Other archives from site opens normally.

Participant

Same problen with ISOLATION PIANO – TUBES & TAPE (https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/isolation-piano-tubes-tape/), both archives more than a 4,7GB. I tried with another archivator, still no result.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I managed to download them both and open them with Winrar a few weeks ago.

Just downloaded Isolation again and extracted contents using 7-Zip (20.00 alpha)

It warns me of something to do with 32bit but continues to extract.
    And the nki loads and plays fine.

Isolation Piano – Tubes & Tape.zip
    Size: 4.58 GB (4,926,556,787 bytes)
    Size on disk: 4.58 GB (4,926,562,304 bytes)

Isolation Piano – Tubes & Tape Folder
    Size: 5.41 GB (5,815,012,352 bytes)
    Size on disk: 5.41 GB (5,819,232,256 bytes)
    Contains; 2,516 Files, 7 Folders

Participant

Thanks, I’ll try new version of 7-Zip and WinRar.

Participant

Hi all, new here. Just to say the Library > Bundles link goes to a 404.

Participant

Hi!

How can I change e-mail and nickname on Account page?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Click on your own name in the post above to get to your profile, then select Edit.

Change what you want to and then scroll down to Update Profile and clik on it.

That should work.

synthesizerwritersynthesizerwriter
    Participant

Hi,

Some constructive feedback:

1. Some instruments don’t actually say what format the download is in (e.g. Yamaha S400-B) – is it Kontakt 6, for example?

2. A lot of instruments just say ‘Kontakt’ as their format – is this Kontakt 5, or 6?

3. I get emails all the time of your replies to people. I suspect that there is a notification set up somewhere that shouldn’t be…

4. Am I supposed to have access to the wordpress /wp-admin pages for this site?

5. Why do the …/feed pages just display the raw XML?

6. I offered my database of Master Keyboards (compiled from the old forum) as a potential resource some time ago. I haven’t heard anything since, and you haven’t added it to the ‘Resources’ tab…

Cheers and stay safe,

Martin (synthesierwriter)

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    thanks for the bagpipes.

The pages not identifying Kontakt, EXS, sfz etc.

I have actually put a list together of all the Kontakt libraries that will open in Kontakt 5.8.1;

All the Kontakt 5.8.1(R43) that’s available on Pianobook

I did it so that anyone who comes to the forum might find some info on which version of kontakt is needed and to give a concise list to admin that they could refer to and easily add to the page.

I was unable to post working URLs and did not want to post the info offsite. I will soon upload a better list (when the initial thread disappears off the front page).

The only way I have received any feedback from the good folks maintaining the site is through their day job emails and I only do that in emergencies like a site attack !

I have added a couple of new threads since I finished posting on that list.
    see; More Kontakt 5.8.1 libraries

Also at the bottom of the reply box (for posting comments in the forum), there is a tick box asking for notifications of follow up replies via email. Mine is unchecked, so I get no emails.

Participant

Hi bo bin,

Thanks for the feedback. That data on formats is extremely useful – many thanks.

It does seem that this thread is only rarely read by the admins. Yours is the first reply I have had, although the emails that I get suggest that some are answered.

The latest mod to the WordPress template removes even the vague ‘kontakt’ metadata, and replaces it with ‘Free Download’, which then gives a pop-up form which eventually goes to a download page. So an index to formats is hugely important to prevent people wasting bandwidth.

I’ve now spotted the pre-ticked ‘Notify me…’ which explains why I was getting all of those emails from other people!

I’m amazed that you found my bagpipes – they are buried very deep on the site, and only a specific search will find them! No wonder no-one has reviewed them… CH goes on about toolkit sounds, about organic synths, and yet when I submit one it gets ignored and put in a cul-de-sac. Ah well…

Martin (synthesizerwriter)

Participant

Oh yes, every time I post I get an error message from WordPress: ‘…critical error on your web-site…’. I assume this is normal and just a problem in PHP…

Martin

Participant

Please the download buttons are not working

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook