Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    F.Passanisi
    Participant

I’m sorry, it seems that the Edit Function doesn’t work so I’ll post it again.

A week ago I tried to open a new discussion on a concept that I’ve found really interesting sampling percussion instruments.

It was taken from a video of Junkie XL that I’ve embedded in the discussion just for better explaining the concept (to be short, he has some custom sample libraries where the different “Hit strenght” are mapped on the different octaves instead of using velocity).

I thought it was an interesting source of discussion and maybe this concept could have been applied to our own sampling (given that, to my knowledge, doesn’t exist a commercial library with this Feature) but the topic went directly in moderation and never made to the forum.

Have I violated some rules that I didn’t knew?

Was took as a way to spam that particular video?

StuW
    Participant

To mirror what Synthiemental say above.

This might be on the cards already…

One solution to the current backlog would be to give the user more control over their instrument pages.

So they can autonomously upload, create the page, we’re all used to editing headers, etc. already on Soundcloud and server-side scripts can easily conform photos, recolour them, etc. to fit with the branding.

Once the ‘user completes their instrument page (in a draft mode), it is added to a queue for approval before it goes live.

Some of the more experienced users could be given extra powers to test and approve new submissions.

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

Hi,

Forum Post #280112 from TarynS looks like spam from a bot.

Cheers,

Martin

JasonCecrle
    Participant

Ah, thanks! I got them. There’s a problem with the Street Organ download link. It gives this response: “Sorry, this file could not be downloaded.”

fastfingers55
    Participant

I’m seeing the same issue with “Street Organ”. The download link responds with “Sorry, this file could not be downloaded.”

vitormgoncalves
    Participant

Hello.

I’d like to make a suggestion.

Maybe you could always put on the instrument description what version of Kontakt it needs to run. I’ve downloaded a few instruments and then, when I open them, my Kontakt says my version is too old (and it’s not even that old, it’s 6.2.1).

Thank you!

Bob Ellis
    Participant

Moderator Request

Post #319759 is SPAM please delete. Think we need to improve site security as that got through.

knileuh
    Participant

Hi, not sure where else to post this – I think it’s been reported before but doesn’t seem to be fixed.

If you try to ‘Add to cart’ when not a logged-in user the website errors; the ‘Add to cart’ button goes blank, nothing gets added to the cart, and there’s is an error in the console log (Uncaught TypeError: response is null). This happens on Firefox and Chrome for Windows.

It seems like this behaviour is not there once you are logged in – the adding to cart works fine then. I’d assume that the correct behaviour for a non-logged in user would be to go to a log in or register page – the current behaviour is confusing.

If you need any more info I’m happy to provide it!

JasonCecrle
    Participant

The Pianochord WeTransfer download link has expired. “Transfer expired
    Sorry, this transfer has expired and is not available any more”

James Blunsdon
    Participant

Hey guys, just a little suggestion from me. I was thinking it would be a great rule of thumb for submissions to state in their descriptions the exact version of kontakt they have used to sample with. I noticed some people do this already and it’s extremely helpful. Saves having to go through the process of downloading multiple instruments to find they all were made on a slightly newer version.

Just needs to be at the bottom of each description e.g. “For Kontakt Version 5.8.1 or later”

Thanks guys, appreciate everything all you are doing for this wonderful community <3

Billy Palmer
    Participant

Website looks great!
    I agree with the person above: I’d like to see exactly which version of Kontakt an instrument was created with on the product page please.

johnrushton1
    Participant

Site looks nice, but to be honest, I preferred the functionality of the old site. It’s seems pretty clunky and there are too many clicks to get to download imo. I understand why you may have chosen to go down this membership route but it took quite a bit of time to be able to sign up for an account – email verification took a few days to reach my email and I had to sign up twice before it worked.
    I’m not sure if it’s just my account, but I also have to click a link to verify login each time I try to log into the site too
    Adding to basket worked ok, and the email link was delivered but which took me to wetransfer. Wonder if it’s possible to just add a button to wetransfer as before?

Emil G.
    Participant

I have a several videos on Vimeo that use my Pianobook demos. Has there been any consideration to adding a Video page on this site to show these types of works? Hearing the music in context makes a big difference. Adds impact.

rmpritchard
    Participant

Hey guys,

Just reporting a bug where if you’re not registered and logged in the “add to basket” button just kind of beach balls / hangs without any error message. I registered and logged in having seen Christian’s video the other day saying there were issues, and was then able to complete the download no problem, but this might put some newcomers off!

Thanks!

rjbirkin
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for pointing this out.
    Can I ask a few questions so I can recreate the bug?

– what instrument was it
    – what browser are you using
    – what operating system are you on

Thanks

Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.