Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    guildorf
    Participant

Still getting “Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.” out in the main forum,
    but why would this reply, and the previous one (3994) get through?
    I really doubt I could attempt around 8 replies at random times,
    and have them ALL be intercepted by some shady admin’s tinkering…
    Cheers.

bo din
    Participant

I know, it’s just me blowing bubbles. Trying to guess what’s going on.

I don’t think you have much choice but to take this up via the Contact form at the bottom of the page.

And we are still stuck on opening the page before last.

themetaldaniel
    Participant

One Suggestion, I think it would be cool for samplists to see the number of times their libraries were downloaded.
    Cheers

bo din
    Participant

Now we can only open up to page 5, which then allows us to jump to a higher numbered page. Slight improvement.

Ideally, it will automatically open on the last page (with the most recent posts) like most other websites (rather than the first like “Say Hello!” does now).

And it should open showing your comment immediately after you have posted a comment.

Ry Herma
    Participant

Hey Pianobook,

Just wanted to say the new upgrades to the site are great! The organization is awesome and its much more fun to browse the libraries. With the ability edit the instrument profiles once logged in, it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with in regards to displaying their sample packs. Cool beans! Thank you for all this effort!!

– Ry

Opus Science
    Participant

Hello,

Massive congrats on the new format website. It looks super rad! I love how everything looks and feels when browsing around. Hats off to the team working on this.

One thought I had whilst browsing is it might be a nice addition to the interface if the date (or even just month and year) of upload was listed on each sample pack’s image/description. Only needs to be small text on the bottom of each instrument’s icon or something (e.g: Nov 2021). By no means essential, but for this sort of ever-expanding catalogue, perhaps a visible date on each item might be preferable (and perhaps, if it’s possible, the ability to filter by date – perhaps that’s already a feature and I’ve just not noticed it). Just a thought…

Anyway, keep up the amazing work. Your efforts are hugely appreciated. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Steve

Marco Iannello
    Participant

It would be nice f reviews could be sorted by most recent date, as it was before, rather than rating (I believe that is the new sorting order?). A “nice-to-have” would be the ability to pick the desired sorting.
    Oh, and really glad to see that it is now possible to edit all aspects of one’s submission, cheers for that!

bo din
    Participant

Can someone from admin please explain why my profile picture is not displayed correctly next to my forum posts ?

It’s been a while since the revamp and I’m disappointed at the lack of progress on the forum.

I mean, does anyone from behind the scenes really care about the forum ? And if you do, why don’t you show a bit of passion for it ?

Gabriel Androczky
    Participant

SUGGESTION
    Pianobook libraries (the page for a library) should include a Release Version Number to have a way to identify if a release has been updated for whatever reason, if bugs or quirks have been corrected and the library has been updated. You could update the release version if you upload an updated version of your library.

Also a way to get notified of new releases (updates) to a library you’ve downloaded would be a very nice addition.

I’ve run into libraries that had looping problems on one of the sampler flavours and I noted that in my review of one of them for example. Now if the author corrects the loop-points and re-uploads the library, I have no way of knowing this, but I’d love to, because otherwise that library would be a flawless and beautiful tool….
    Just my 2 cents here ๐Ÿ˜€

Gabriel Androczky
    Participant

Good question @bodinal! I’d double up with why isn’t our name set in our profile displayed next to our posts….

Emil G.
    Participant

I have a couple of questions.
    Can I search the forums? I tried the website search and that searched all but the forums.
    Also, can a video be embedded in a forum post?

Thanks,

Emil G.

Ben Smith
    Participant

Hiya

You probably know this already.
    Site doesnโ€™t work well on ios.

Love your work.

Terence Lau
    Participant

Hi, big fan here.

Pianobook, superb. But I have one little suggestion, is it possible to display the size of the sample pack file. Wanted to know how big is the file before I download.

Thanks!

bo din
    Participant

Hi Terence.
    If you haven’t downloaded everything yet, I kept a record as I was downloading stuff (from anywhere in PB) that might be useful in the meantime.

If there is no size shown, it indicates that the download pack size is under 100MB (as I didn’t make a note of anything smaller than 100MB initially).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqv69id7s0azd2p/Pianobook.Size%20etc.xlsx?dl=0

Sam Ecoff
    Participant

Still getting “Error: your reply cannot be created at this time” When I try to post to the forum. Anyone know what’s going wrong?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.