Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Leon
    Participant

On FB there’s an Official Spitfire Page and a 3rd Party ‘Spitfire Audio Users’ Page that is quite active and some gets interesting info, think it might be an option to create a ‘Pianobook Users’ Page?

Sam Ecoff
    Participant

there’s a pretty active discussion on Discord. You might want to check there…

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

@Sam_Ecoff

I’ve searched Discord and cannot find any servers with pianobook in their name. So where exactly is the ‘active discussion’?

Leon
    Participant

Do you mean Christian Henson Music channel?

Christian was a co-founder of Spitfire Audio and I believe Pianobook was Christian’s idea entirely.

I just think the best place for a forum about Pianobook is right here, on Pianobbook.

As someone who isn’t particularly interested in CH as a person (I do use Spitfire Libraries) but I am interested in Pianobook, I don’t want to interact or go to a site where there is no interaction or a way to sort possible issues out, and with someone who, as you said (IIRC), hasn’t posted here for a year so doesn’t seem that interested and wouldn’t know how to sort out issues here as isn’t that the job of the Admins/Mods?

there’s a pretty active discussion on Discord. You might want to check there…

I don’t really want to, or have to, sign up to yet another site, which I don’t use or have any interest in, when there is a Forum here that is for that very reason!

The 3rd Party ‘Spitfire Audio Users’ Page on FB gets more use and has more useful info than the Official Spitfire Audio FB Page, hence me asking if it was worthwhile setting a ‘Pianobook Users’ FB Page up.

I’ve searched Discord and cannot find any servers with pianobook in their name. So where exactly is the ‘active discussion’?

I did go and look but you even have to sign up to search, which, for me, isn’t worth the effort but thanks for looking.

bill kelm
    Participant

Love the new format.
    The only suggestion I have (and maybe I’m just doing it wrong) is when you have started a search (say, guitars / Kontakt) – and there are 15 pages of libraries…when you click on an individual library that you might be interested in, then decide you either want or don’t want it, you can’t go back to where you were in your search. It always takes you back to square one, and you have to go through everything you already reviewed again. Would be great to be able to pick up where you left off in your search.
    Thanks

Gabe Stark
    Participant

Heres the discord link!
    https://discord.gg/N5NeqxCj3x

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

@Gabe_Stark

Thanks for the Discord invite link! Much appreciated.

Leon
    Participant

Just in case anyone is reading from Pianobook.

The error I see returning is in the ‘review-submit.j_s’ script. (Line 30).

Saying:

Invalid regular expression: invalid property expression

Which I mentioned earlier, from my amateur js knowledge and what I’ve read, means it is trying to strip something out of the form (Code or an Emoji etc….) before posting and I think depending on what it is that has been included in the Post, the js doesn’t know what it is looking for and returns an error, that’s why I think it works sometimes and others is OK!

Just a guess though.

Hope it gets sorted as I like it here but can only take so much rejection (Error, can’t post etc….) before it gets….well you know…!

(I spent 30 mins the other day putting together a Reply to a post and it wouldn’t let me post it whatever I did, so gave up!)

Leon

Leon
    Participant

Ouch!

After posting the last message, I got this!

That needs looking at!

Posting Error

Leon
    Participant

Well once again can’t post a reply in certain threads, been trying since last night and nada.

“Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.”

Sid
    Participant

As Leon mentioned above, certain threads appear to be locked:

Chris Caouette
    Participant

The link for signing up to the newsletter in the popup in Pianobook is broken. I just go a not-found drip page.

Leon
    Participant

As Leon mentioned above, certain threads appear to be locked:

I just tried again on a thread I’ve been trying to reply to for 3 days and if you get the warning just do a ‘Inspect Element’ from the Dev Options, just tried it and got 8 Errors inc 2 Security Warnings!

Think it’s more like bad coding, the bbPress SW is up to date, 2.6.9 but think it needs work to get it to work properly especially as it seems you need to add extensions to add any real functionality which causes more problems if they are outdated! or the bbPress SW is just junk! or those responsible don’t know how to fix it!

This place should/could be alive with activity but think most give up as nothing really works, which is a shame.

Leon
    Participant

Once again, it’s getting Yawn now!

“Error: your reply cannot be created at this time”

When trying to reply to Sid’s recent post about DS.

Leon
    Participant

Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.

Is there any point in trying to reply to anyone anymore, obviously you may not be able to reply to this so….;)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.