Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback

• This topic has 86 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Leon.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Larry Seyer
    Participant

I have 4 libraries in ‘pending’…i.e. “Your Sample Pack is in the review queue and will be published soon.”

Why so long of a wait to publish?

Its been almost two weeks now,

L

Jaob Ehrlich
    Participant

I think the GUI category of the reviews should count for less, even though christian said it does count for less i find that i could rate an instrument 4 stars on every category but 3 on just the GUI and the overall score will still come out 3 stars for some reason. Often if i really love an instrument, ill rate a GUI awesome even if its not since i dont want the GUI rating to negatively effect the score

Sam Ecoff
    Participant

Hmmm…. looks like you can’t reply to a specific post on the forum, nor can you delete a reply.

Sam Ecoff
    Participant

The issue that you can’t stipulate that a library is being submitted in multiple formats (e.g. Kontakt and EXS) is still a problem.

Also, how will it be handled when we collaborate? Can the sample library we submit be listed on both creator’s profile pages?

David Macklem
    Participant

This might be an unpopular opinion, and I understand that. Also, there might be a reason that I haven’t figured out…. but why, why… why… does anyone upload a new instrument without an audio sample? I mean, you took all that time to make it, and write an explanation, and take a photo… I just can’t even imagine how someone would be satisfied uploading their instrument without a sample.

Would it be possible to throw an error when a creator tries to submit a new instrument without an audio sample? That says “instrument can’t be submitted without an audio sample”.

Sam Ecoff
    Participant

I think they have bigger problems right now, like the fact that when you upload a new library, you can’t specify that you’re uploading it in two formats at once. I actually intentionally *don’t* include a demo when I upload files. I figure some people might be turned off by my style of writing and decide that the library isn’t worth their time on the basis of my compositional ability. So, there’s that argument too…

David Macklem
    Participant

Hey Sam, that makes sense. I see… but even just pushing one note at a time, other than playing a composition, would be helpful. The idea that we have to download an instrument before we even know what it sounds like seems counterintuitive. But I see what you’re saying.

synthesizerwriter
    Participant

For me, the sample packs that I upload are complete libraries with hundreds of sounds, so trying to provide a sample makes no sense at all. I thought that the whole point of the demo system was to get people to use the sounds themselves and then submit their results, so that you may well get a very different context than the original virtual instrument creator was thinking of… and that way the demos show just some of the creative ways of using the sample packs. If you force people to include a sample then all you will get is the vanilla sound as the creator intended, with no creative input at all – a recipe for dull, lifeless, boring, bland examples. I would suggest that, in my opinion, that result is the polar opposite of the intention behind the creation of Pianobook…

John Strubbe
    Participant

Hi, The web site is looking good. I think the changes keep getting better. Can the web site indicate whether the instruments are for the Full version of Kontakt or Player version? I know most are probably for the full version, but still it would help. Thanks.

guildorf
    Participant

I’ve been getting this when responding to forum posts, regardless of which browser I use,
    or which linux version I use. And I’m not the only one. Never have such trouble at
    real musician websites.

Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.

guildorf
    Participant

Still getting “Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.” out in the main forum,
    but why would this reply, and the previous one (3994) get through?
    I really doubt I could attempt around 8 replies at random times,
    and have them ALL be intercepted by some shady admin’s tinkering…
    Cheers

guildorf
    Participant

Still getting “Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.” out in the main forum,
    but why would this reply, and the previous one (3994) get through?
    I really doubt I could attempt around 8 replies at random times,
    and have them ALL be intercepted by some shady admin’s tinkering…
    Cheers.

themetaldaniel
    Participant

One Suggestion, I think it would be cool for samplists to see the number of times their libraries were downloaded.
    Cheers

Ry Herma
    Participant

Hey Pianobook,

Just wanted to say the new upgrades to the site are great! The organization is awesome and its much more fun to browse the libraries. With the ability edit the instrument profiles once logged in, it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with in regards to displaying their sample packs. Cool beans! Thank you for all this effort!!

– Ry

Opus Science
    Participant

Hello,

Massive congrats on the new format website. It looks super rad! I love how everything looks and feels when browsing around. Hats off to the team working on this.

One thought I had whilst browsing is it might be a nice addition to the interface if the date (or even just month and year) of upload was listed on each sample pack’s image/description. Only needs to be small text on the bottom of each instrument’s icon or something (e.g: Nov 2021). By no means essential, but for this sort of ever-expanding catalogue, perhaps a visible date on each item might be preferable (and perhaps, if it’s possible, the ability to filter by date – perhaps that’s already a feature and I’ve just not noticed it). Just a thought…

Anyway, keep up the amazing work. Your efforts are hugely appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.