Home Forums Pianobook TX16Wx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to get started in sample and virtual instrument creation, partially inspired by Christian’s videos and – let’s be honest – partially because I’m stuck inside with nothing but time…

However I’m not a Logic user and can’t really stretch to the $400 for Kontakt, at least not in my ‘giving it a go’ phase. I work mainly in Pro Tools. But I came across TX16Wx which looks like it might be a good alternative sampler. I was especially drawn to it as it can open ESX files, which means I could actually have an active part in the Pianobook Community.

Does anyone have an experience with TX16Wx? Any pitfalls or things to watch out for? Or are there other, better alternatives with some ESX/Kontakt compatibility out there?

Thanks!

Participant

Here are the wise suggestions for the public and these are really excellent as well. The people who love to play the piano can grab here wise help from the experts. Thumbs up with your further sharing in the future. Also, the people who like to play musical instruments they must visit and grab the essay writing service stuff online.

christianhensonchristianhenson
    Keymaster

I’m doing something at the moment, that I will hope will make all future pianobook instruments importable on all platforms….. watch this space my friends!!!!

Participant

I was trying to get my Mason Hamlin Model A into a format that everyone could use without pricey software, and I tried TX16WX, along with a bunch of other formats that can read SFZ format.

I ended up using Bjoern’s Sample Mapper to create an SFZ file and then used the Sforzando player to test:

https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/bjoerns-sample-mapper.html

Regarding TX16WX, it can read those SFZ files that are imported, but you have to buy the full version to do things like pitch map. It looks like a great tool, but I also didn’t want to buy it to try the sample mapping function.

(of course, it looks like I’m answering this question 2 months late…)

Participant

Wow @christianhenson – now I’m curious!

@dore_m

I’ve seen Bjoern’s Sample Mapper before, but never actually tried it. Is it easy to use or do you have to configure a lot of stuff before it does what you want it to do? By the way: you can access those Pro features (like automatic mapping by pitch) by switching to the demo mode in the free version of TX16WX.

If you got any questions regarding the SFZ format / creation of libraries in the SFZ format, feel free to join the Discord: https://discord.gg/NMWcmkB

@jojoRuck

Personally I’m not the biggest fan of TX16WX because of the cluttered interface (not very good interface / UX design). I’ve also experienced difficulties trying to import some EXS libraries into it. Sometimes the software would repeatedly ask me to point out the sample directory. But the best way to go about it is to try it yourself. If you have any questions, the developer is over on the KVR forums and typically quickly to respond:
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=213

There is also a tool that allows the conversion from the TX16WX format to SFZ: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tx2sfz-by-derknott

Participant

Thanks for your help guys. After my original message I actually ended up exploring SFZ which has worked quite well for me (I was already familiar with XML so once I got my head around the op codes all was well).

And then I did recently splurge for Kontakt, which I managed to get for cross-grade and during the summer sale for about 25% of the price. There are a number of free libraries that can get you the cross-grade discount so I would really recommend that.

I’ve since sampled some wine bottles and my acoustic guitar, inspired by the Make Music Day tutorials. Not quite Pianobook quality yet, but I’ll keep chipping away!

But I’m excited for this Christian’s promise of soon-to-be universality, that would be amazing!

Participant

@Synthiemental

Bjoern’s Sample Mapper is pretty easy to use – there’s really no set up. There is a bit of a learning curve but its not difficult if you’re familiar with SFZ. It can be used to parse the .wav files by name and map them roughly to the keys. The drag and drop is a little finicky, but if you have some knowledge about the SFZ format, it’s a great tool.

It’s especially great to start the SFZ file with Bjoern’s Sample Mapper and then later edit with a text editor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

Follow Pianobook