Home Forums Pianobook Trouble with Monolith Template (Kontakt)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sam.Ecoff
    Participant

I sampled an instrument using the Logic file titled “THE MONOLITH V3.37.logicx”. Everything went really smoothly. I used the cutters to slice the notes apart, and then adjusted each note’s recording so that the transient fell on the beat. I then noise reduced and bounced the file. I was able to successfully open the “Piano-Template-Full” Kontakt file and navigate to the bounced audio file to get kontakt to use it. This is where the trouble started.

The instrument is mostly silent. If I hold the notes for a really long time, some will eventually sound. It seemed obvious to me that I’d bounced the file from the wrong point. So, I bounced again, but started the file at bar 3 instead. Now, the instrument remains completely silent, no matter what I do.

I dug a little deeper and started looking at the portions of the monolith audio file being referenced by the Kontakt instrument. For many zones, the sample start point is located after the sample end point, and so nothing gets played when keys are triggered. I suppose I could go and manually edit the end position the start and end markers for every note, but trying to navigate around in a 90 minute audio file within Kontakt is next to impossible. I have created Kontakt instruments before in the past, but never using the monolith method. I feel like there’s something obvious that I must be missing, but I don’t know what that might be. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks much!

Sam E.

Stephen Tallamy
    Keymaster

Hi Sam! I can help. Are you on Twitter? Might be easiest to chat it though! I’m @StephenTallamy

Stephen Tallamy
    Keymaster

Hi Sam! I can help. Are you on Twitter? Might be easiest to chat it though! I’m @StephenTallamy

Sam.Ecoff
    Participant

I am on twitter, but I almost never use it. I’m @SamEcoff. I rewatched Christian’s YouTube vid last night and realized I was supposed to be bouncing from bar five. I tried that and it still doesn’t work correctly. As I was falling asleep last night, I decided I’d try to download the summer piano and grab the monolith audio file out of there and compare it to my Logic project where I tracked the instrument. I figure that if I can see what’s different, I can probably change what I’m doing and make it work. Even so, I’d appreciate any help or suggestions you might have to offer. Thanks, Stephen!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.