Summer piano will not unzip

Home Forums Pianobook Summer piano will not unzip

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I get an “Empty” folder msg on my PC and an error message on my MAC trying to unzip this folder. Anyone else?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Did you download the whole file which is about 1GB ? And is your extractor up to date ? I won’t be downloading it again to test it.

If you have downloaded the whole file and you are using up to date extraction, and it still won’t open, try repairing the zip file, most extractors have a repair tool.

If that doesn’t work, the quickest way to get help would be to go and find Christian anywhere on the net except for Pianobook and contact him that way.

Participant

Thx. The zip file information shows about 1 gig. I have tried different unzip programs. No luck. Will “hunt Christian on the net.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I have finally managed to update Windows 10 after 9 months of failures (up to 20H2) !

In celebration of the 10 hours and 42 minutes installation, I decided to downloaded the Summer Piano again. It shows; “unexpected end of archive”. So it does need reporting to get sorted out. In the meantime, here are several ways to fix the issue.

WinRAR
    Just double left-click on the zip to open in WinRAR and then close any warnings.
    Then use Tools and select Repair archive.
    two minutes and it will rebuild a new file called “rebuilt.381243_TheSummerPiano_ChristianHenson.zip”
    It keeps the _MACOSX folder – you would have to check if it works on the mac, I won’t have it in my house.

7zip
    Extracts it without flinching and reports that the _MACOSX folder has an issue. But it does not repair the _MACOSX folder.

btw, I have no use for _MACOSX files or folders, nor the .DS_Store files and always delete them straight away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook