SFZ format versions of some Pianobook libraries

Home Forums Pianobook SFZ format versions of some Pianobook libraries

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

During the recent lockdown some guys came up with the idea of creating and sharing free SFZ mappings for various sample libraries previously available only in proprietary formats.

Among them are a bunch of SFZ versions for Pianobook hosted libraries. They are tested to work with the free Sforzando player.

So far there are SFZ versions of:

David’s CP70
      Hunsicker Helpenstill
      Kawai Felt Piano
      MRhodes
      Soft Drums
      Soft String Spurs
      Sol’s Piano
      The King’s Upright

They are available at

• https://github.com/sfzinstruments/mappings/tree/master/Pianobook%20SFZ
  • Since the submission of the SFZ files via the usual “upload an instrument” procedure did not work (I submitted the mappings before, but did not receive any feedback), the original authors are welcome to upload the SFZ versions unilaterally to their respective instrument profiles.

Participant

Hi,
Nice work on the SFZs.
I was able to upload SFZ versions of several pianos to the pianobook library in the early days (such as here: https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/1911-bechstein-upright-andrew-ward/). So I think rather than splintering the repository in various places, we might want to figure out why the previous way of uploading seems not to be working. Could it be that the system is working but you haven’t given it enough time?

When I uploaded in the past, I would put the original name of the piano followed by (SFZ version). I never received any feedback, but the versions eventually showed up on the site. I don’t think there are many people working on the site, so you might just want to give it some time.

If you want to put your SFZ mappings on github as well, that is fine, but please don’t give up on the pianobook library.

Participant

Hey Sid,

yes – I remember your mappings (I was happy to find them, since you were one of few guys supporting the free and open SFZ format here on Pianobook).

Those of us who initiated the SFZ mapping project over at KVR Audio would definitely like to see the SFZ mappings on their corresponding sites here on Pianobook – that’s where they belong after all! The Github directory would only be maintained as a backup.

My first attempts of uploading some of those mappings to Pianobook via the “submit an instrument” procedure is now almost a month ago and the mappings did not show up on their respective sites. I followed due procedure (filling out the forms and then eventually uploading the file to the Pianobook Dropbox) and tried it multiple times – without any effect!

Since we released these mappings as CC-BY please feel free to try your luck and upload them.

Participant

Hi Sid

You wrote ..

“So I think rather than splintering the repository in various places, we might want to figure out why the previous way of uploading seems not to be working. Could it be that the system is working but you haven’t given it enough time?”

Like Synthiemental I followed due process with my Kontakt 5.8 conversions – some nearly 2 months ago. I wrote an email to CH recently about the breakdown in procedure and no reply to date.

I agree we shouldn’t have to splinter but I want others who dont have Kontakt 6 to benefit from the instruments that I have converted. If/once my conversions appear in the PB library I’ll gladly delete them from the Dropbox folder I set up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

Follow Pianobook