Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone, my name is Brian Behm and I guess I’m primarily a motion designer. That’s actually how I got back into music. I played all through high school but kind of put it away. I was working on a channel rebrand and ended up plugging a guitar into garageband to get a sound for something I needed. I didn’t stop.

I’ve been lurking here for several months taking advantage of all of the wonderful sounds. Thank you, so much. I record and put out other art under the name No_System. Here’s a track I put out last week.

Anyway, looking forward to being around more.

Participant

Hello!

New to the piano book community. Endless thanks to the time and effort that you all have thrown into these instruments! What an incredible resource!

I’m a journalist and radio producer living in Asheville, North Carolina in the US. I used to make music for a living before falling into a career in journalism and culinary writing and development. But when I was given a radio show to produce, I started composing again and ended up making music and rebuilding my old studio.

I’ve always believed that it shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to produce quality, professional music. I ditched ProTools a few years ago for Logic — vowing never to use subscription model software. Built most of the software side of my studio with freeware soft synths and samplers, occasionally splurging on a Black Friday here and there for something necessary. So this kind of community is exactly what I’m looking for!

If you’d like to hear the kind of stuff I make, I released a new album in January; songs drawn from 8 years as a reporter writing about poverty and hunger in my pocket of the US, and the people struggling to survive in cut-throat modern America. You can hear it here:

Just wanted to say hello and give a big THANK YOU to all of the contributors who have helped to build this incredible database of quality instruments!

Participant

Hey hey,

My name is Hidde, and I am a largely self-taught music producer and composer (in training) from The Netherlands who wants to apply himself far too broadly than is probably advisable. I’ve done some work for a small video game under my stage name “Wolfgang Miakoda,” and release occasional pieces as an independent artist under the same name. I’ve also done some voice acting work (which hasn’t been released yet as of writing this), I’ve done a few live shows as a DJ, and am currently also dabbling into creative coding with MAX MSP and Javascript. The things I work on in terms of music are about as spread out as my interests, as I’ve worked in everything from orchestral music to abstract sound compositions, from chill house to hardstyle, and much more. I’d like to think I’ve learned how to pull from these many genres and styles of music to give each piece a unique twist, but that opinion of mine is obviously subject to bias. You can find most of my released work here, though most of the work I’ve made is unreleased as I just never got around to finishing it, a struggle which I’m sure many here are familiar with: https://soundcloud.com/wolfgangmiakoda
    I’m currently enrolled in the HKU under Composition for the Media, and I’m looking to add creative systems design and studio technology to that as well, as I just see it all as tools for my musical tool belt, which admittedly may end up being self-destructive considering the hefty workload it will undoubtedly bring. The problem is that I just want to do too many things; I want to compose for film and tv, I want to compose for games, I want to perform as an independent EDM artist, I want to write for bands, I want to voice characters in video games, etc. Admittedly, I’m leaning most to composition for film and games, so I’m likely to lay my focus there, but I would love to be able to do all these other things on the side.

I found Pianobook after seeing Christian’s recent video on dynamic crossfades, and having the Mickleburgh Piano really catch my eye. Having taken a quick peek around the site, I think I’ll be coming back here occasionally to see the fantastic work people are putting out there, cuz what I’ve seen so far has been amazing. Really excited to further explore what you wonderful people have to offer, and maybe even get into sampling myself (if I can find the time for it).

Cheers, and kind regards,
    Hidde

Participant

Hi!
    Thanks for the welcome and greetings to the community.
    I am a self-taught pianist-keyboardist with a jazz and prog vocation with a great passion for electronic-computer science applied to music. Thanks

Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Fabien, I’m from southern France actually. I’m currently living in Nice. I discovered the Christian Henson Music Youtube channel recently which eventually lead my right here with you folks. Must say this is a great environment and I really wanted to thank everyone.

I’m not a composer per say since I don’t actually score anything for companies or third party. But I am a multi instrumentalist (not a very good one but I try ;p ). I play guitare, piano, harmonica, mandoline, uke, and chinese flutes that my mom brougth back me from a trip. I have a band (we don’t have a name, that’s how cool we are) and I am very grateful for the resources I found here.

Look forward to talking to you good folks !

Best regards

Participant

Hey, y’all. Greetings from Nashville, TN.

I work predominately in the live music field, but have been getting more into sound design and video game work. After hearing about piano book for years, I figured it might be time to actually give it a look.

It’s pretty cool, not gonna lie.

My goal is to create a few trumpet samples for y’all, and maybe sample the children’s choir where I work. Fingers crossed!

Participant

Hello,

If anyone can help me with loading instruments into the EXS24 that would be much appreciated. I’ve been trying to get it to work for months and still haven’t managed to.

As far as I have seen there’s no information on this website about how to load instruments into the new EXS24 that came with the fairly recent logic update. Please may someone help/add this information to the website for other people struggling like me?

Thanks

Participant

Hi Everybody, my names David, glad to be apart of this community, I am using Reason 11 as my main DAW, and am using ‘Desent Sampler’ to create my instrumentals, I would like to see more of the Kontakt Pianos and Synths for Desent Sampler I use Kontakt player, but don’t have those nice Steinway Grand Pianos for the player version, that’s why I came on here hoping to get a desent ‘no pon intended’ proper, usable, Steinway like Piano to add to my productions, you can only get those for the full Kontakt versions and those can be pretty expensive, so is the full version of Kontakt 6, so that’s why am using the Desent Sampler.

Participant

Greetings from Finland. This is quite a project!
    Congratulations and my best regards to all involved.

Participant

Hi everyone~

My name is Yoni, I’m a composer and recording engineer based in Las Vegas, NV.
    I’ve been involved with music for the better part of the last 11 or so years, starting off in my middle school band and going the ranks of music academia where I’m now currently in school for composition and production. I’m a classically trained saxophonist turned audio professional.

Although not much of a player anymore I do quite a bit of work as a freelance recording and mixing engineer, along with some sound design and foley work on the side and have mostly been composing for myself as you all know how hard it can be to get gigs as a composer.

I discovered Christian’s YouTube channel through the Spitfire Audio channel when I was first getting interested in scoring to picture and I’ve done a fair bit of sampling for myself but now I think it’s time to start making stuff for the community. I’m excited to be here, thanks so much for having me!

Hi there

My name is Arnþór Snær. I’m getting back into music after a while and could not be happier about the whole journey. I’ve recently purchased a S88 from Native Instruments and am enjoying playing and feel my fingers getting more familiar everyday (called “noobie gains” in fitness circles). Playbook is amazing. I’m currently checking out the libraries and appreciating the love and effort put into this by the community and Christian. Perhaps / hopefully I will be able to contribute to this project in the future.

Participant

Greetings All,
    My name is Dave Lanciani, but my music is recorded under the project name, Dimaension X. My music tastes are extremely schizophrenic (extreme metal to jazz to ambient to drone doom, etc.). I just started using Decent Sampler and a bunch of Pinaobook instruments to create some new music, and hope to do more soon. Thanks to Christian H., David H., and Frederic P., for all their hard work and inspiration.

Most of my music is streaming on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCP1IP_6Bhp2XlawPUHmH-w

ThanX,
    Dave L

Participant

hi Im Marc. I was creating music about 20 years ago just as it became possible to do everything in the box. After a long time, lockdown has got me back on the horse. Just as a hobby and creative outlet. My work could be described as ambient country. Some niche genre like that. Bootgaze!

Have a listen if you have a minute:

https://soundcloud.com/marc-burns-702382840

Participant

Hello.
    My name is Rob Berkhout alias Robarth from the Netherlands.
    Im a 64 year old guy who is trying to make music just as a hobby.
    Learning and trying all by ear, no musical training what so ever.
    Love this communnity and hope to use and contribute to this community.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Robarth, intrigued to know what software (DAW, samplers, plugins and other stuff) you are using and how far you have got.

I remember being in that boat, in the late 90s and using a Windows 98 program called Data Becker Studio before switching to Fruity Loops/FL Studio and it took me three days to get a bloody sound out of it ! I didn’t know anyone who could help me and I didn’t get the internet for another twelve years.

To this day, I don’t know much about music but I still look forward to what can emerge out of a session on the old pc. Whether, it is something short and sweet that took me hours to perfect or something I knocked off in 10 minutes and could never get close to again without the saved project.

I hope your hobby brings you many years of satisfaction.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook