Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, My name is sK3LeTvM and that is my ‘artist’ name.

I started playing music as a 6 year old kid. Mainly guitar. At the age of 13, my dad bought me my first synthesizer, a Roland SH1000. I was so happy ! That was back in 1977. In the early 80’s, I got lessons by professional musicians (drums, bass, guitar) and studio-techs / producers and I have been buying many synths and samplers since then…my first sampler was an Emulator 2+

In the early 90’s I signed a contract with EMI, but due to circumstances (I also started working as a live audio technician) I needed to make decisions and so I only make music for fun since then. Curious ? Check my SC page :

Hope to find a great resource on this forum. Not only for sounds, but also people, knowledge and fun.
    Kind regards
    sK3L

Participant

Hi Guys,

my name is Fabian Siethoff and I’ve been part of the Pianobook Community since Christian Henson’s bagpipe sound design competition last year, where I won a runners up prize.
    Since then I have quietly followed the development of the Pianobook project and discovered so many amazing instruments over the months.
    Just wanted to say thank you to all the talented creators in this community and invite you to have a look at my very first contribution ‘Niue’.

Cheers,
    Fabian

Participant

Hello, my name is John, I’m a photographer, musician and producer based in Sunny North Norfolk. I started out playing guitar and over the years I slowly gravitated towards synthesisers and pianos too. I used to play in bands, then started to build up a modest studio. I’ve got some credits under my belt but I’m really just interested in making my own music at the moment and experimenting with soundscapes and sound design.

I’ve recently become more interested in sound recording/field recordings too and I’ve been toying with the idea of making a Kontakt library for a while now. I was watching a video that Christian did a while ago about mixing synths and looked up Pianobook as a result. I was immediately impressed by the project. Bringing people together to share ideas and resources to help inspire each other is wonderful idea. I hope I will add something positive to the community.

Participant

Hi everyone!
    I am Gustav and I grew up playing the cello and the piano, but have been realizing my unstoppable interest in music production since 1-1/2 years now. I make film music and songs, I love synthesizers and orchestras, or in general: SOUND. I am fascinated by the principle of sampling and I am currently planning on sampling my cello – but in a very special way. For that I am now looking through the forum in order to find help regarding noise reduction when you can’t afford the 999€ version of iZotope’s RX – because the learn function with voice de-noise seems to not be working in my case. (I have RX7 elements.)
    See you around here on the site!
    P.S.: I’m a Kontakt user in combination with Reaper!

Participant

Hi,

I am Jérôme. I have been creating music since I am 11 (a long time ago)…. I love this community, I love all your instruments. You inspire me a lot.

Thx

Participant

My name is Tom and I have no idea what I’m doing…

I have been composing for piano for a few years and have only recently started getting into digital production. I have a lot to learn and find this website to be a fantastic resource.

Participant

Hi
    My name is Phil but you can call me Foggy! I’m English, from Yorkshire, now resident in SW France.
    Been playing Cornet and Trumpet since the 70’s and stuck with this in British Brass Bands until the late 90’s when I had a 7 year stint with Brighouse & Rastrick Brass Band. After quitting the brass band scene in 1999 I took a 10 year gap, eventually finding my own sound in 2009 when I discovered improvised free-jazz. I now mix classical, jazz and electronic sounds in my compositions and whilst music is very much my side hustle, I am on a continuing mission to make it my “day-gig”. To this end, I’m currently working with a bunch of producers across Europe and the US on samples packs, remote trumpet session work, and collaborative soundtrack projects.
    A bit late to the Pianobook party but very excited to get involved and will be making my own “Dirty Trumpet” virtual instrument in due course.
    All the best
    Foggy (Phil)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook