Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Chris Neville
    Participant

Hello All,

My name is Chris, and I am from Chicago. I degreed in Music Composition years ago, but have primarily made my living from live playing the last few decades. Thankfully, over the last couple years I have been getting a steady increase in composing work, mostly for video games, but a couple indie films and a commercial or two as well. I am hoping to move my focus more and more to composing in the coming years.

I came to Pianobook through Spitfire, as many of you did. Christian’s vision and drive for this project is a real inspiration, and I hope to be a contributor soon!

Glad to be a part of it!

Ranil Goonawardene
    Participant

HI, I’m Ranil and I’m from Sri Lanka. I’ve been working as a composer/producer for awhile now. Happy to find pianobook:) Came here on Christian’s recommendation. Was not disappointed. Looking forward to sampling some of my guitars and putting up here soon!

Mari Ferreira
    Participant

Hi, I’m a middle aged girl, yoga teacher, mother of kids with special needs, and I love music. I don’t know how to read or compose, but recently discovered this site, and well, I don’t know what I’ll do, but will try to learn all about music samples and maybe upload some of my own in the near future!

James ALDEN Berry
    Participant

Hello from Los Angeles!

My name is Alden.

I am a samplist who is spending most hours of the day developing sample libraries.

I am currently on the 12th of October, 2021 traveling around Europe to sample musicians. If you want me to visit. Message me here or instagram [email protected] and I will come to visit and make a library with you.

Cheerfully!
    ALDEN

Junglist
    Participant

Hello from sunny Stoke.

I’ve been inspired to have a poke around on here by Christian and his YouTube channel.

I’m £1100 into 3 Strymon fucking stompboxes entirely because of his paranoid warblings.

Good luck with Pianobook 3.0 – you’ve defined something truly wonderful and it simply can’t fail.

J

Jacob
    Participant

Stoke on Trent by chance?

If so, I’m a fellow potter! What are the chances.

Also new to the pianobook community. Looking forward to getting to know some new musicians and hopefully learning a thing or two about composing and writing for media.

Pleasure to meet you,

Jacob

Steve
    Participant

Hello there !

I’m a french pianist and composer. I discovered pianobook throughout Christian’s videos. I love how this community works and I’d like to contribute to make this tiny world evolve.

You can listen to my work here : https://soundcloud.com/stevepinet

Hope to hear about you soon.

Cheers 🙂

Steve

Peter Elfman
    Participant

Greetings and salutations! I’m Peter Elfman, the rube behind Stereo Static. I’m from The Bronx (the other part of New York City that most folks have heard of), and music has been a part of me for as long as I honestly can remember; listening to the radio station my parents chose (dad: oldies station; mom: top 40’s), piling on 45rpm records into the player during a rainy Sunday, the precursor to the ever-loved ‘playlist’, learning to play an instrument and play with a band, becoming involved in the stage aspect of music performance, and finally, rocking in a DAW (shout-out to my Studio One peeps!) and busting out my own jams, or mashing up the hard work of others into something recognizable as the same and different at the same time.

When it became apparent to my family that my pre-teen self was absolutely taken with learning Trumpet (my first instrument), and after my church-organist great-grandfather had given me my first (and so far only) piano lesson, I was gifted with a Casio SK-1. It was a chintsy sampling keyboard that would occupy my time and imagination for years to come. I sampled *everything*; my own trumpet playing, bits from the radio, my sister’s voice when she on the down-low, and whatever else struck me in the moment. This, while surrounded by the sample-heavy genres of Hip-Hop and EDM, installed an ever-lasting love of capturing and manipulating the aural world around us and in front of us to create something that could never have otherwise existed.

I am extremely fortunate for the existence of Pianobook. I deepest, most sincerest thanks to Christian Henson, David Hilowitz, and everyone that has uploaded a sample. The Pandemic lockdown hit me pretty damn hard. I retained a hold of my soul by diving back into and exploring my love of making music, something I had let slip away from me for more than a decade. Broke and depressed, a couple of DAW’s and a library of free plugins turned me around so I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s my hope to provide my own sample libraries to the site in the far future; I currently lack the a viable microphone and infrastructure to let me make decent recordings, and so far the only thing I own that’s worth recording is a crappy slide-didgeridoo I bought in a whim at a renaissance festival. I have been tooling with the free version of the Vital soft-synth plugin, I may try to make some sample packs out of the instruments I’ve created there.

In the meantime, I will try to leave helpful comments/reviews on any sample packs I grab. I look forward to being a part of this community, and to what you all will offer up in the future.

Julian Doe
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    my name is Julian and I live in London. My main instrument is the guitar but during my music career, I’ve learned to play different musical instruments. I’m learning and experimenting with different techniques of production, recording, mixing, mastering, sampling, and sound design.
    I really believe that a wide range of abilities makes you a good candidate for an assistant job, that it’s the gateway to the composer career.
    After a good experience in the theatre, I graduated from Chichester University and moved to London to move forward with my music career. Unfortunately, 2020 has represented a huge stop in my path, but with life going back to normality, I’ve been able to start the “healing” process and I see a brighter future.

If you want to follow me I have a youtube channel where I test plugins and sample libraries, I share tips and tricks, and my music.
    https://www.youtube.com/juliandoe
    I’d really appreciate it if you would like to subscribe. I’m looking forward to reaching 2k subscribers and I would love to hear from you any feedback or suggestion to improve the channel to make it a useful resource for the music community.

I wish you all the best, and if you’re in London, and you want to have a chat feel free to contact me.

Have a wonderful day
    Julian

samuelfscott
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Samuel Scott. I compose music for film and tv with Conrad Wedde and Luke Buda. We work under the moniker Moniker and scored three independent films with Taika Waititi (Eagle Vs Shark, Boy and Hunt For The Wilderpeople) before he became the MCU directing megastar he is today. Those films are great, check them out if you haven’t yet. We also made the music for three series of the Netflix/Activision show Skylanders Academy, the Sundance channels Cleverman, NZ films like This Town and Beyond The Known World and contributed a few things to the film and subsequent HBO tv series What We Do In The Shadows and numerous other projects.

We are also half of the band The Phoenix Foundation.

All three of us muck about making our own sample libraries. We got a bit deeper into this for the canadian film Night Raiders which is currently touring film festivals. It’s great low budget sci-fi with a really well crafted heart. The music had to feel like it was from the future, but a future where technologies were limited and somewhat broken. Hence lots of low-fi sampling. I’ve just uploaded a kontakt library of an instrument we used a lot made from saxophone samples. It’s very washy late 70s eno but with this breathy human element that makes it synth like but with human ghosts buried in there. Hopefully it gets approved, I am pretty bad at the kontakt script editor stuff. I’ll try harder next time!

We have some other instruments from that film that we might upload too including some really useful bowed texture stuff.

Anyway, I love pianobook and spitfire labs, and all this open source sound sharing so its fun to try and join in for once!

thanks Sam

Miguel
    Participant

Hi all,

My name is Miguel. I’m from Portugal. I love sound, music and, specially, the piano. I’m not a musician, although music is an important part of my life. Learning the piano in my 40´s. Glad i discovered Pianobook, it has been a treasure trove of oblique, perplexing and haunting piano textures.
    Will try to cook some samples, which will be a first.

Thanks to all who contribute here.

best,
    Miguel.

Ronan McDermott
    Participant

Greetings everyone. I’m Ronan, from Ireland, but now living in Kyiv, Ukraine. (Got here via London, Brighton (UK), Guyana, St. Lucia, Pakistan, USA and Switzerland. So I do like sampled pianos, rather than real ones….
    I’m not a full Kontact user – too many bells and whistles. Actually, I’m a bass player, but former studio engineer (it was the nineteen eighties and it was fully analogue until that fateful day we robbed a bank and bought an Alesis MidiVerb – but that’s another story). I do have the Kontakt player – specifically because I couldn’t not buy Nils Frahm’s Una Corda. Lots of analogue hardware (well, some), but mainly working in the box – Harrison Mixbus is my DAW of choice, with a PreSonus Faderport 8. Arturia Keylab Essentials 61, Keystep37, Akai LPD8 controllers. I tinker with DIY midi controllers to make things the other devices don’t do. But every time I come up with a great idea for some hardware, I discover someone has done it in software… I have an Arturia Minibrute (The first one, but with the SysEx “hack” to make it Sequence rather than Arpeggiate). I’ve just ordered a TC Electronic Flashback 2 X4 pedal which I’m going to put between the headphone output of the Minibrute, then back into the Audio In. Watch for blue smoke rising from Kyiv…..

Full marks to the Pianobook Team – the world is a better place for your efforts. I hope I can contribute in some small way.

Ronan

Richard Patrick
    Participant

Hello,

I’m TV and Radios Mr. Richard Patrick lol!

Damon Knight
    Participant

Hi Guys

My name is Damon Knight.

Toronto, Canada based Limey that jumped over the pond last year. Played in school orchestra as a kid Tuba/Piano. Was a London based Soul DJ for 20 years. Self taught on Piano/Keys, Guitar, Bass, Flute and lots of percussion. Keen to sample my physical instruments with a little twist and make them available to others.

Would love to hear from anyone who shares the love of music, djing, soul, funk and jazz, especially reach out to me if you are in Ontario/Quebec or New York.

Speak Soon
    Damon

Davis Hill
    Participant

Hallo!
    I’ve been using Pianobook for a while now but I only just saw the forum section lol.
    I’m QUALTHEBEAN, a producer from North Carolina, US.
    I’ve only been into music production for a year and a half, so I’m not great, but I’m getting there lol.
    I constantly use Pianobook instruments, especially the pianos. I’ll start sampling eventually but I don’t have a spare $1000 for a good mic rn.
    I’d like to make music a career some day but that is a bit difficult considering producing is not the most stable of jobs, and I want something I can raise a family on (and preferably collect synths with lol but that’s prolly gonna be an unrealized dream).
    My goal is to learn DSP in college and go program for a plugin company or something, like Native Instruments or Izotope. If anyone has any advice regarding this, please reach out.
    This community is a very kind and generous one, and I want to thank everyone who uploads things. Many of these instruments could easily be commercially sold for a decent profit, but you put it here instead. Thanks to you from me and all the other bedroom producers who don’t have $100 to spend on expensive plugins and such.
    Anywho, talk to you guys later!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.