Sampling automation – chop, detect pitch, and arrange using scripts

Home Forums Pianobook Sampling automation – chop, detect pitch, and arrange using scripts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I would like to share with you a script collection that aims to automate the boring tasks of sampling.

I decided to develop these scripts after an experience of processing a moderate-sized sample set by hand. Cutting the samples, naming the files, and mapping them in Kontakt took hours. And it’s not only a time thing. These kinds of tasks demand focus, and they can drain your creative energy. In my opinion, they are the biggest obstacle to fast development cycles, experimenting, and fun.

Here are demo/tutorial videos of RJS Sampling Suite:

You can download the script collection here:
    https://github.com/ristosip/rjs-sampling-suite
    (How to get: Press the green ‘Code’ button and select ‘Download ZIP’)

The scripts utilize Reaper’s ReaScript API, and they only work in Reaper.

To people who don’t have Reaper but would like to try the automation: Reaper offers 60 days of free evaluation.

The scripts have not been extensively tested yet, so some bug findings are expected.

I hope this is useful! 🙂

Cheers,
    Risto

durabledurable
    Participant

Thanks for this. I’m just starting w/ sampling so doing things manually helps me understand the process, but I can tell the time commitments could be a huge deterrent as projects become more ambitious and sample counts increase. I don’t use reaper currently (have tested it, but I didn’t connect with the complexity for my creative stuff), but if I really get into sampling and building instruments I could see using it + automation just for this task.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook