Home Forums Pianobook Retiring the forum and moving to Discord

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pete Clark
    Keymaster

As many of you know we’ve had some issues with the forum since launching the new version of Pianobook including problems like intermittently not being able to reply to threads.

We want discussion to be as easy as possible so we’ve set up a Discord server for community discussion. Discord is a standalone instant messaging platform with dedicated apps for all platforms. If you’ve used Slack or Microsoft Teams you’ll feel right at home.

We’re going to leave the existing forum online for now but please note, it won’t be getting updates from now on.

Join us on our new Discord server

bo din
    Participant

No thanks.

Please delete all my posts as I am unable to.

Leon
    Participant

Yeah it’s a No from me as well….

Sorry but that Discord Server was already set up and why not try and fix the Forum, it’s not hard….Just take the lazy option….No need to go to another website when this one exists, whoever decided this doesn’t know anything about Community Forums and why Members use them.

Worse idea ever, I don’t use Discord, as many others don’t, so another Member gone from the ‘Community’….What happened to it moving to Spitfire? As mentioned by Sarah on the Forum there?

markus
    Participant

I took a look at the new Discord server yesterday and I’m honestly not thrilled. I think for the kind of communication we do here on the forum, Discord is the wrong solution.

I’m trying to imagine trying to find a solution to a technical problem in half a year that I know has already been discussed and solved on the forum: impossible. Instead, I’m on Discord like I’m at a cocktail party with 200 people talking at once on 40 topics.

I don’t think it will work that way.

Vassan
    Participant

What games do you play?

Leon
    Participant

I took a look at the new Discord server yesterday and I’m honestly not thrilled. I think for the kind of communication we do here on the forum, Discord is the wrong solution.

I’m trying to imagine trying to find a solution to a technical problem in half a year that I know has already been discussed and solved on the forum: impossible. Instead, I’m on Discord like I’m at a cocktail party with 200 people talking at once on 40 topics.

I don’t think it will work that way.

It won’t sadly, not the venue for a Community Forum as this, already 3 who disagree and there were only about 6 people who posted regular so lost 50% of their audience already lol.

Shame those in power are lazy and don’t want to work for this Forum to be used more, probably my last post here and was enjoying myself.

Pete Clark
    Keymaster

Hi all, I appreciate your frustration. You’re right, there is a difference in the style of communication between Discord and the Forum, but in the first week of being live the Discord server has gained several hundred active members and is quite busy with chat divided into channels that cover different purposes such as resources, help for creating sample packs, music demos, etc. If you’re able to take a look please do.

David Larson
    Participant

I looked.

I think this is goodbye for me. Discord is a chaotic mess. You have to wade through a ton of “chat” to try to follow any meaningful conversation.

Instant messaging may bring “hundreds” of chatters, but it doesn’t serve as a useful “permanent” community help and support medium, which is what Pianobook needs.

Leon
    Participant

Instant messaging may bring “hundreds” of chatters, but it doesn’t serve as a useful “permanent” community help and support medium, which is what Pianobook needs.

Obviously David, those in power didn’t even think of asking the current Forum users what they need, which was obvious, fixing, which mostly was ignored by those who run the Forum or were/are incapable of fixing it….which apart from being easy to do, is as you say, what it really needs is a base here at Pianobook, it’s very disjointed and not fun to see but hey….The owners know best, even if it doesn’t work but got to go with trends eh!

bo din
    Participant

Please delete all my posts as I am unable to.

Thanks for being on the ball with this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.