“Requires updated version of Kontakt”

Home Forums Pianobook “Requires updated version of Kontakt”

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all –

Downloaded a few new sounds from the Pianobook community today and am running into an error loading them in Kontakt. I’m using quickload as I have used in the past but am running into an error that reads “Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file. Please update to the latest version.” As far as I know, I have the newest version of Kontakt 5 (and there is no update available in Native Access) – do these samples require Kontakt 6?

Thanks so much and hope everyone is staying safe with the pandemic!

Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
    Participant

Yes, they would need Kontakt 6 unfortunately.

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

Which ones you getting that message for, specifically?

Participant

Specifically, “Rain Catcher” and “The King’s Upright”. I haven’t yet tested the other recently uploaded samples on the site but am assuming a fair amount of them would give me this issue if I didn’t have Kontakt 6.

Participant

This is going to be a real pain going forward for pre-Kontakt 6 users. Darren and I converted St.Helens Cantores to Kontakt 5.8 but I will only do this if I like a particular sample set. Maybe if others do the same we might get the majority converted.

Participant

Despite having the very latest version of Kontakt (v 6.2.2.051) I get:
    “Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file.
    Please update to the latest version.”
    Happens with:
    Hohner Guitaret
    Uilleann Pipes

Anybody else having the same problem?

Participant

Yes, I’m having these same issues with Kontakt v6.*, I’m installing the latest patch now with Native Access, but don’t have much hope it’ll solve the issue now

Participant

hi, i have the same issue with Kontakt 6 demo. I couldn’t download anything because my Kontakt version is too old.Do someone know how to solve it?

Participant

I just tested reinstalling Kontakt 6.2.2.051 and that solved the problem!

Participant

I am hoping there will be an easy way to convert from Kontakt 6 to 5… I just got a new computer (running Catalina) and bought Kontakt in hopes to learn and contribute to this site but I didn’t realize Kontakt 6 wasn’t backward compatible! Is there a way to get Kontakt 5 working on Catalina with a Kontakt 6 license?

Participant

Just this minute spent $99 upgrading from 5 to 6. Still getting the above problem. I’ll let all the updates for all the instruments (not just Kontakt) finish doing their thing and look for any updates, then try again.

Participant

Still doesn’t work for me in Ableton Live Suite 10, but it *does* work as the standalone Kontakt 6 app. Neglected to say this is with my first download, the Hohner Guitaret.

Going to try deleting the Kontakt 6 app/vst/au and reinstalling…

Participant

Success in the end. I deleted all the instances of Kontakt 6 the finder told me about. Yet, weirdly, when I started Live and opened the vst I had previously saved to my favorites list (one of my color collections in Live), it would still start up. I removed the favorite and reinstalled Kontakt 6 a second time. Now it works.

I know this looks like I just forgot a particular instance of Kontakt, but truthfully I thought I’d caught ’em all. Very strange of Live to be able to launch a favorite I’d supposedly deleted. Again, I suppose I must have overlooked something. But just in case, try deleting Kontakt from your favorites too.

As far as I’m aware the Collections in Live are just shortcuts to save you having to shuffle about in the menus so much, but I don’t know why the behaviour I saw was occurring. NI themselves are pretty weird anyways so who can say? Good luck everyone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook