Home Forums Pianobook Removing background noise – from submitted samples

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jmcvicker
    Participant

I was reading one of the recent instrument uploads and the feedback from a couple people said there was a lot of background noise on the samples. Once in a while I’ve come across a note or two on a sample that has some kind of noise I wouldn’t mind removing as well, if I could.

I think it would be useful to let everyone know to consider purchasing (when on sale) something like Izotope RX Elements (or higher) which can remove clicks and hums and other bits of background noise from samples before building the instrument for upload. If the instrument sample files come as WAV files, they may be addressable by the user of the instrument and that solves their own use-case. But perhaps there are ways to have a community member offer use of their own Izotope RX to help others, if needed, or if there is/was a web-based repair site, that would be useful. I only have RX7 Elements and I bet someone has something further along, such as 8 or 9 and a higher level.

What are people doing with their sample files in pre-processing to clean up samples while building them?

Morgan Dillon Crow
    Participant

RX 8 Elements is on sale right now for $29. I was considering purchasing it while it’s on sale. Will this do enough noise reduction for sample creation?

I’m brand new to sample creation, but with music production in the past I’ve used a generous amount of EQ to remove unwanted background noise to a degree. It works for higher frequency noises like amp hiss on guitar tracks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.