Home Forums Pianobook Playing the Piano book samples through any other sampler

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by DAVID GLOTFELTY.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DAVID GLOTFELTY
    Participant

I am a newby using cubase elements. I’m not a big fan of the Native Instruments VST’s and was wondering if your samples could be played through another sampler like HALion 6?

If my questions is about apples and oranges, don’t hesitate to educate me a little.

Kiko
    Participant

There are a lot available for EXS, Decent Sampler and a few for SFZ. The EXS ones are now all available for Decent Sampler, But there is a free sampler that also loads EXS called TX16WX. I think there is an effort to get things on Kontakt in Decent Sampler as well.

bo din
    Participant

Whichever sampler the author created the libraries will have its own formatting system, and may load or not in other samplers. EXS, Nki, sfz, decentsampler and so on, may not be able to be loaded in many samplers but the samples often can be.

Any sampler that can import multiple samples, and has some form of sample mapping (and hopefully editing tools) can be used to create instruments from the type of samples that it can load.

The majority of samples with libraries on Pianobook are .wav or aif format and will probably load into Halion.

You could import a whole folder of samples and use whatever mapping is available or manually create an instrument from the samples. Or you could drag a single sample across the whole keyboard and create something.

The result may not be as the original creator offered, but does it work for you ? Or can you use the tools you have to improve it ? Or should it be deleted; right now!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.