Home Forums Pianobook Pianos for Jazz

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    je
    Participant

first of all thank you all for sharing all these cool instruments! i use so much of them… Im currently looking for a piano for jazz, most pianos on here are really great for solo playing but i find them hard to impliment in a mix since a lot of them have muted higher frequencies, (which sounds awesome for solo stuff, but in a mix they have a hard time imo). Soooo i thought pianobook has so many pianos surely one of them is fit for my needs, but then again there are so many its hard to choose…. thats why i decided to ask the community if one of you can recommend a piano that is smooth and beatiful, yet achieves this without cutting too much of the high end.. ? (preferably a piano from here, bcuz im broke 🙂 )

Leon
    Participant

If it has to be from PB then I’ll wait and see if any suggestions are forthcoming, if you want to look at free alternatives not from PB then I’ll check back in a couple of days and post some links if allowed, any particular Format or are you flexible?

Leon

Sid
    Participant

The 9000ft Piano
    In the accompanying video, the owner of the piano and CH discuss how it has been used in pop song recordings, and that it has a “pleasant brightness”.

je
    Participant

thanks, sounds great def downloading it!

je
    Participant

Error: your reply cannot be created at this time.

cant reply, looking forward to all your rewwcommendations

Richard Vossgatter
    Participant

Check out my Bluthner Style 6. It has really nice bright sound as most Blüthners do. It has 2 mic array recording. One outside the Piano, Nice and warm, and the other from right inside. This is really bright. Blending them you should find a sweet spot.

Synthiemental
    Participant

The Decent Sampler version of Blüthner Leipzig isn’t too bad either, if commercial Kontakt format is not an option. I also like the Yamaha U1 very much for jazz and oldschool soul. For grand piano you can try the Church Steinway, Family Grand or Sol’s Piano for a start.

Jo Krielly
    Participant

As a Linux user I’m pretty much stuck with DecentSampler, and the Family Grand is my go to piano for most projects. I have also used the Claustrophobic piano before but its a bit special for most of my use cases. I did notice that a lot of the available pianos don’t really fit so well into the mix. But the Family Grand has been the exception for me so far. I’ll give the Blüthner a try as well, always on the lookout for new instruments 🙂

Leon
    Participant

As a Linux user I’m pretty much stuck with DecentSampler….

SFZ is a great format for Linux and have a look at ‘sfizz’ it has a Linux app. 🙂

https://sfz.tools/sfizz/downloads

Opens up all sorts of instrument choices.

Martymart65
    Participant

Once you get the SFZ player, try “The Experience Fazioli F308”! It’s the newest addition to the piano libraries, and I have to say it’s quite fantastic! I swapped it out on a project I’m working on and the track came to life, every note shines through! It’s almost 4GB but well worth it, and sounds better than much larger sized, purchased pianos I have!

Leon
    Participant

Once you get the SFZ player, try “The Experience Fazioli F308”! It’s the newest addition to the piano libraries, and I have to say it’s quite fantastic! I swapped it out on a project I’m working on and the track came to life, every note shines through! It’s almost 4GB but well worth it, and sounds better than much larger sized, purchased pianos I have!

I downloaded it the other day and and agree it is very good and worth the download, you should also check out ‘Piano in 162’ by Ivy Audio, (SFZ) it’s 5Gb of nice!

🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.