NFO in Decent Sampler: unable to change instrument or expression

Home Forums Pianobook NFO in Decent Sampler: unable to change instrument or expression

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey, I am having a problem with the NFO Orchestral Swells library.

I am using Reaper in Ubuntu Studio and I was really excited about this library. However, when I open either wind, brass or strings in Decent Sampler, it is not possible to choose the instrument or change expression or dynamics. The words are there but there are no knobs to interact with. I include the screenshot.

Do others have the same problem or does it have something to do with my particular setup? With all other DS instruments I can change the parameters like volume, reverb, expression etc. Thanks for any answers!

Instance of Decent Sampler with NFO loaded into it

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I posted a reply but put two links to images in it and that means the post goes to the big mod incinerator !

Anyway, hopefully this will get posted.

Decent Sampler v1.0.12 in Windows 10 working ok though.
    You appear to be short of graphics sliders/knobs and also Pitchblend and Mod wheel.

Moderator/Keyholder, replace this post with the one I originally posted or don’t post the other one at all, it makes no sense to have both up. I have posted 286 replies in the forum but still don’t get an ounce of trust.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I only loaded it to quickly test it, but some 40 minutes after coming back to my computer, I had left it open in FLStudio and strangely the sliders on the right had disappeared and no longer functioned.

Participant

Thanks for your reply bo din! So perhaps it has something to do with that I’m on Linux. Maybe the DecentSampler is different, I will also check what version I’m on and if I can upgrade.
    But strange that the sliders disappeared, maybe there is really some more general bug with the code.
    What a pity! Hope it can be fixed was really stoked for this library after seeing the video about it!

Participant

Welp, you’ll probably all be happy to hear that my problem has been solved!
    I updated Reaper and accidentally deleted DecentSampler, in doing so I discovered I must have been running an older version. Now I’m up to speed on version 1.0.12 and all the knobs and sliders on NFO library are working! Lubbly Jubbly!

As you can maybe imagine I’m Buzzing! It’s such a lovely sounding library and I’m sure it’ll be appearing on many of my upcoming tracks.

Participant

Happy to hear that Jo Krielly!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook