Home Forums Pianobook More Getting Started Observations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Thompson
    Participant

Hi – It’s not clear what the requirements are to play samples. Some apparently are supported with Decent Player. Some are supported by other platforms. I think the supported platform is indicated by little icons in the upper left of each sample’s photo. But there seems to be tribal knowledge and therefore missing general information about how to take advantage of these samples. I think if you were an insider who originally built and contributed samples it would all be obvious. For people just arriving to this site for the first time, having no tribal knowledge, it becomes a barrier to adoption (as we say in software sales). It’s clear these pages are lovingly put together, but there needs to be more complete beginner information.

bo din
    Participant

Good point, until someone finds the hidden solution or provides one, this might help:
    Right click on the link and select Open in a new window to view it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj8jk9pkknx3rdx/format.jpg?dl=0

I gave up on trying to post images on here long ago. (I updated my profile images yesterday and they still don’t appear).
    If it’s any use you can post it if you can or want to.

andy
    Participant

all seems pretty intuitive to me

I hadn’t even heard of Decent Sampler until thirty minutes ago, but I wanted to try the Pitched Electric Celeste library, which is only available for Decent Sampler, which I don’t have

I then had a look at the menus at the top of the pianobook home page and, under Resources there is a FAQ link

browsing to the FAQ page there is a question, “Where can I download Decent Sampler?”

in that section there is a link to the Decent Samples website

I followed the instructions there and within minutes I was playing my Pitched Electric Celeste instrument

all that said, I suppose it wouldn’t do any harm to have a link to the Decent Samples website on the page of each individual library but, otherwise, as I said, all pretty intuitive to me

cheers

andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.