Home Forums Pianobook Missing Samples in Ethnic Flutes by Rubenoffocial

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bemused
    Participant

I may be going mad. But there seems to be missing samples in this instrument ? The sample folder is empty.

bo din
    Participant

Not sure if this is what you meant but hopefully it covers it all.

The zip download contains another zip file which you will have to extract to get at the kontakt patches and the associated .aif files.

Using Ethnic Flute’s (longs).nki as an example;

After loading the nki, you need to select Browse for files and navigate to the appropriate folder and click on the missing samples.

If you like the instrument, use the Load/Save (floppy disc icon) and select Save as…

Then double-click on the name that pops up and in the dialogue box that opens, select Patch and Samples option and then click on Save.

You will now have two folders; ‘Ethnic Flute’s (longs) Samples’ and ‘longs samples’. Delete ‘longs samples’ and that’s it.

Repeat as necessary with the other patches.

bo din
    Participant

OUT OF TIME EDIT: Ensure you select the correct files, as these files seem a little odd in the way they are listed.

Also, in most cases where there are missing files such as nkr/nkc and samples; Browse for folder is sufficient and will load all the files rather than having to pick each sample one by one.

Eamon Coughlan
    Participant

Yes, if you navigate to it in the Kontakt browser without checking the folder contents, it will show you an empty folder. Opening it up in Finder/File explorer should reveal the nested zip file that you’ll have to pop to get the samples and nkis.

Bemused
    Participant

Thanks guys. I had done all these. But to no avail. Browsed to folders and files – still empty. Ensured Windows was showing hidden files as well. So moved on. Thanks anyway.

bo din
    Participant

You’re Bemused.
    I’m bemused.

John McCaffrey
    Participant

Yeah, this one was weird – I had to select individual samples when browsing for files as Kontakt didn’t just find them like it normally does when selecting the folder. Really odd. Nice sounds though when you eventually load them in!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.