I went ahead and made my first virtual instrument for Pianobook. I sampled our family’s King Upright piano. It’s totally out of tune, not the most beautifully sounding instrument, but it was great to learn on. Now I’m going to get it tuned and hope to make a better one.
Any and all feedback is very much welcomed. (There is also a video of me where I share my journey making it for Christian’s #nerdingfortheweekend if you want to witness my newbness in video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9nsyXVEO8)
Things I hope to sample in the near future (when travel restrictions are lifted):
– Mom’s Baby Grand (that is actually tuned and sounds wonderful)
– In-laws old organ – it’s the kind that someone else needs to operate the pump on the side.
– Brother’s Bass Ukelele – Its a fun/easy instrument to play that has a clean sound to it.
There are some other interesting things I’ve thought about sampling:
– The Newsroom – I work for a media company with a newsroom, it might be interesting to get some ambient sounds from it
– The Printing Press – Likewise, we have a massive printing facility that makes really interesting noises when it runs.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who helps make this community a thing. I’ve found a new hobby that I’m starting to really enjoy. Two months ago I had no idea where to start when sampling something.
You can edit your collection at any time from your Library
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!