Loading Instruments into EXS24

Home Forums Pianobook Loading Instruments into EXS24

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I apologise if this has already been answered but I can’t seem to find any info on this.

I’m struggling to load instruments into EXS24. Everything I have downloaded for the Kontact player loads fine, but when I press load on the EXS24 and navigate to the relevant .exs files it won’t let me load them, it shows the files as semi-transparent and unclickable.

Sorry if this seems overly basic or if I’m fundamentally missing something.

Should I be placing the files in a particular location before loading?

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

George

Participant

Hi George

to install the EXS24 instruments and Samples onto your Macintosh computer.

1. Drag and drop the sample library’s EXS24 Instruments folder into the “Sampler Instruments” folder located at HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/.

2. Drag and drop the sample library’s Wav Files folder into the Sampler Files folder located at HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples.

Once you’ve done this fire up logic and open exs24 and browse for the instrument through exs24. and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, it’s still not working. I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong.

I’m not even able to load pre-existing samples, unless from the library and the instrument happens to use EXS.

Attached is a screenshot.

I’m normally quite good with this stuff but I’m absolutely stumped.

Screenshot

Thanks again!

Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
    Participant

Yeah, this had me stumped too a few months back. It’s kinda strange how Logic handles EXS files.

Once you have placed the EXS files in the Sampler Instrument folder as outlined above, you need to click on 3 dashes above “Cutoff” in the EXS24 interface window. There you should see a drop-down menu with a list of the EXS instruments available and you can select and load it from there. If you don’t see your instrument there, click on ‘Refresh’ in the same menu.

Hope that helps!

Participant

Thanks so much, Darren!

Well, that was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.

Much appreciated!

Participant

Glad you got it sorted 😁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook