Home Forums Pianobook Library Wont Load Back in

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Michael Becker.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Becker
    Participant

Hello, I Use Kontakt player and I know how the demo system for the instruments work. You get to use them for like 15 minutes and then you have to restart kontakt and the library, Right?

Well for me the Library won’t work again when it reloads. It just keeps the same “Upgrade Kontakt” Or something among those lines. I don’t know if this is a kontakt problem or something related to kontakt only. But I’m posting it here anyways because it’s an instrument/plugin from here “Guitar of the Deep”. I don’t know if the other Pianobook libraries do this, but it doesn’t do this when I use other demo libraries.

bo din
    Participant

It might help if we know what it actually says.

Click on the NI logo and check you are using the latest version; 6.6.0

Run Native Access, if necessary, to upgrade ?

Sid
    Participant

Also, there is a DecentSampler version available now in case you get tired of loading and re-loading Kontakt.

Michael Becker
    Participant

It says “”Guitar Of The Deep” is a non-Player instrument. If you own a full Kontakt serial number, click below to launch Native Access and proceed with the upgrade.”

bo din
    Participant

Michael, I actually meant update rather than upgrade, it may work then for the 15 minutes. I’m not sure why it loaded only once as I have never had the Kontakt Player (I got by on the old 30 minute demo version of Kontakt before buying Komplete and a later upgrade).

You could try changing the name of the nki; add an s to Guitar and see if that lets it load.

If it is up to date, then Decent Sampler may suffice but it hasn’t got the ooomph of the Kontakt version.

Michael Becker
    Participant

Bo din, I found out the problem. Full kontakt is required in order to run it for more than 15 minutes

bo din
    Participant

I managed to find a computer I could download the Player version onto to check this out….

So you are not actually closing and reloading Kontakt Player or closing and reloading the library, you are trying to reload a saved project that contains this particular library.

This is indeed a limitation of the Kontakt Player rather than a problem with the Kontakt Player, which is essentially a demo version of the full version of Kontakt.

If anyone else is perplexed by the Kontakt Player search for;
    Kontakt Player Demo Mode – Explained by bedroomproducersblog written by Tomislav Zlatic

Sid
    Participant

Bo Din, good information about the Kontakt Player.

As for the differences with Decent Sampler, these samples sound the same, with Kontakt using a different reverb (high quality free reverb plugins are a dime a dozen) and a saturation knob (free saturation plugins are also a dime a dozen). So the reverb and saturation could be swapped out with either version.

I found the DecentSampler version’s attack and release knobs to be really useful for getting just the right note decay length.

I don’t have Kontakt, so if I don’t have to play around with the Kontakt player limitation, I prefer not to. With this library, I don’t think it’s worth it.

bo din
    Participant

Yes indeed Sid, I suppose I am blinkered by the fact that I have Kontakt.

And a supplement to my previous post…..
    I should add that even though I consider the Player to be essentially a demo version, it can load some libraries without limitation. It will clearly tell you that it is fully compatible with the Kontakt Player as most of them are commercial libraries.

The free libraries that are fully compatible with the Kontakt Player are the Kontakt Factory Selection (which is a separate NI/Native Access download of about 50 instruments) and about half a dozen free libraries that were released as promotional tools by various companies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.