Home Forums Pianobook @Larry Seyer – Acoustic Drums Aircraft Mallet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi Larry,

nice drumset. Thank you.
    I must admit, the samples irritated me at first: i thought my SFZ player “Sforzando” had some kind of reverb effect turned on until i found out that the samples already have pre-processed reverb on them.

Although the reverb sounds really nice, a drumset without included reverb would give us users much more flexibility.
    Would you care to share this drumset with dry smaples?

Kind regards,
    Peter

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

forgot:

@larryseyer

Participant

The 13 years old video showcasing the original Gigasampler library is simply amazing! What an advanced creation this was! Such a shame the original product never received the acclaim it had deserved due to the bankruptcy (or whatever happened back then) of Gigasampler. Hopefully parts of it make it into a new (maybe SFZ) library with multiple of the original patches!

Participant

Peter,

Thank you!

No, the dry samples are not available. This drumkit was designed from the start to be an atmospheric/ambient type of drumkit.

Of course, the original library has tons of dry kits… but it’s not available anymore.

All the best to you!

Larry

Participant

Thank you!

Yes, I agree. It was a sad day when TASCAM closed the GigaStudio format.

But thankfully, I still have all the samples and own the rights to do with them as I see best.

Perhaps sometime in the future the library will be re-released.

But only if it’s done right and on a format that can provide all the original features GigaStudio offered (minus GigaPulse)

Participant

That sounds like the way to go. Since SFZ doesn’t seem to support the full feature set of your original comprehensive library, maybe the UVI Falcon format or the HISE sampler project are viable alternatives to look into?

With that being said – if you could release one or two of your more traditional dry kits in SFZ format, I would be thrilled.

Yes, Pianobook tilts towards the film scoring / media composer community (I guess this is due to the close ties of the makers with Spitfire Audio and the way this project sprung off from Christian Henson’s media composition themed Youtube channel). But it’s definitely not limited to these ‘genres’ and open for a diverse range of instruments.

See for example this highly popular Pianobook-hosted drum kit, which in fact features a dry brush sound:

Soft Drums

Participant

Thank you!

Yes, I’m familiar with Soft Drums. They sound great! In fact, that quality of sampling is one of the reasons I was inspired to upload one of my drum kits.

I will not be uploading any more drum kits from the “Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums” or “POWERKits” drum library. The reason for this is I am actively pursuing re-releasing the library.

Whether I release it myself, or find someone to work with, it will be happening at some point.

I am researching the options I have for formats. I know I do not want to use Kontakt. And although I love how SFZ sounds and the flexibility of it, it does not support multiple outputs which my drum kits require.

Today I found out about the HISE format and am currently learning more about it.

We will see as time passes what the best option with be for the library.

All the best to you!

Larry

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatarlarryseyer. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Participant

Just a small note: there is also a commercial version of the SFZ-player Sforzando, which is called ARIA Engine. It supports multi-outs and is intended particularly for commercial sample library developers:

• http://ariaengine.com/
  • Thanks and all the best!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook