Kontakt Player 6

Home Forums Pianobook Kontakt Player 6

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wondering why most Kontakt only samples uploaded here can only play in the full version?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Bear in mind that Kontakt Player is the demo/trial version of full Kontakt, giving you the opportunity to see if you want to invest in the full version.

For the 15 minute time-out to be lifted, the author/publisher of the library needs to purchase a license from NI. There have been varying reports of the cost of this license, but I would imagine most people who give their time to making a free library don’t want to then pay hundreds of dollars so that people using a demo version of Kontakt can use it.

NI give you 50 instruments to start with to check Kontakt out.
    Here’s the next best source for the handful of 3rd-party free player libraries (it is worth reading about the crossgrade);
    htt ps://bedroomproducersblog.com/2020/04/27/free-kontakt-libraries/

Participant

Thanks bo din
    I’m not whining about it, just curious as to why it works that way.. i didnt realise that it cost the creator of the library money.
    I’ll keep my eye open for a sale on kontakt 6. 400 is a little steep for me right now.
    thanks again for the reply

bo dinbo din
    Participant

With certain registered libraries (free or commercial) it is possible to get full Kontakt for £224 via the crossgrade. Of course you have to buy the commercial library first or search out any free ones that allow you to crossgrade.

Over the last few years, there have been reports of the crossgrade price coming down even further than that, so it might be worth investigating.

ftr. I used the old demo version of Kontakt (that timed out after 30 minutes) for about 10 years before I could afford to think about buying it.

I purchased NI Komplete 10 for around £470, 6 years ago. That took me several years to make happen but was worth every penny. Since then I have purchased some sort of upgrade for £70. So it’s cost less than £100 a year for a the whole bundle, not just Kontakt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook