Kontakt patch from Markus Kaes’ mRhodes EXS

Home Forums Pianobook Kontakt patch from Markus Kaes’ mRhodes EXS

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi,

i made a Kontakt patch from the samples Markus Kaes provided in his EXS instrument.
    If somebody likes to have it or can tell me how and where i could upload it … i am open to suggestions.

Greetings,
    Peter

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

update.
    Since i am figuring out more and more Kontakt-features i updated my Kontakt version of the Markus’ EXS instrument and added some minor tweaks (Velocity crossfade, Velocity Modulation Amount, etc.)
    If somebody wants it, go ahead.

markusmarkus
    Participant

Oh yes – shure I would like to try it! And thank you for taking the mRhodes to Kontakt!

btw: some days ago i made a little audio demo for the mRhodes:

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

great, i’ll post the nki here asap.

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi Markus,

here a first draft: LINK
    But i will fine tune the velocities, sample mapping and also finalize the scripted controls in the coming weeks.

btw- You don’t happen to have release noise samples or an additional velocity layer? 😉

BR, Peter

markusmarkus
    Participant

Great!
    btw – I’m sorry: no, I don’t.

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

could you still record them? 😉

markusmarkus
    Participant

Hi Peter,

I tried both of it when I built the original mRhodes Sampler Instrument:

– The release triggers I recorded were so quiet that I could hardly see any wave form. So I left them out.

– The difference between the “medium-loud” and the “loud” recordings was a bit unsteady and blurry – cause that’s how my Rhodes simply is. 🙂 So I made one velocity layer as a combination of these two recordings that is to some degree consistent.

Hope that helps.

Best
    markus

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

OK, thank you!!

IMO, the thing about Release Samples is, instead of really hearing them, you rather “feel” them somehow since they the create a bridge between the sustained notes and the silence – poetically they fill the gap 😉

Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
    Participant

Why not NR them and then you can raise them in volume without hearing the background noise floor. You could add an on/off and volume control for the release samples so the user has complete control.

I’ve recently done this with another Pianobook piano conversion I’ve just completed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook