Just scored a short film – Would love some feedback

Home Forums Pianobook Just scored a short film – Would love some feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
    Participant

Hi, everybody! I recently scored a short sci-fi film for a friend and I was hoping to get some honest feedback/critique from the Pianobook community. I’m still very new to scoring and I know there’s plenty of things I’m probably doing wrong and that I have lots of room for improvement (especially in regards to percussion. My drum skills are severely lacking and honestly I rarely know what to do with them.) So if anyone has the time to take a listen to a track or two and let me know which areas you think could use some work, I’d really appreciate it!

Here’s a link to the YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLw69AN6jXMpOrfMeChASpI0Cw8FYjvOg

Thanks!

Participant

Hi, thx for your contribution, it will be great if you describe your wwork: wich daw do you use, did you use pianobook libraries, etc

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I feel like I have just attended a rare and exclusive premier! Thanks for the invite.

It’s an impressive work, and maybe if I watch it fifty times, I’ll find something to criticize.

The soundtrack is right on the money, a perfect fit.
    But I can’t say that without mentioning that the whole film is superb, it is effortless viewing, but you only get that if the creators put a lot of hard graft into it.
    I think maybe awards await you all.

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
    Participant

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!

My DAW is Cubase Pro. The only Pianobook library I used was Dore Mark’s Mason & Hamlin A (which I absolutely adore) for the piano parts. The orchestra is Spitfire BBCSO Pro, and the Theremin is Soundiron’s Theremin+. I also used Alex Watson’s BBCSO Cubase template.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook