Is there a way of checking which version of Kontakt the instrument was made with

Home Forums Pianobook Is there a way of checking which version of Kontakt the instrument was made with

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there a way of checking which version of Kontakt the instrument was made with, before downloading it?

If not that would be a really useful feature. Just a simple “made with Kontakt 6.2.2”

I’m working with a guy who still hasn’t upgraded from V6.04 and a lot of the pianobook sample instruments I send him don’t work.

nativevsnativevs
    Participant

I think it would be great if it says the version number in the contents section on the right (also helpful if there are multiple Kontakt versions available).
    I am still on Kontakt 5.8.1 and believe a great deal have not upgraded beyond Kontak 5.

ConnerConner
    Participant

I encounter this issue a lot, I think sort of the best policy is to encourage creators from here on forward to include their version number in the instrument. Recently I’ve been including them in the description of mine as well as the format part of the form.

Participant

Fully agree with you all – will prevent disappointment when you try to open the download only to find your version is too old.

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

I have included a Readme.txt file in my instruments wherein I specify the version of Kontakt Full required, but I agree it would be useful to see the version specified in the instrument page

Participant

I agree with everyone. It’s a shame that Native Instrument locks down different versions like this. Maybe some kind souls would be willing to turn some of the more popular library entries and make them available for Kontakt 5?
    I do have access to Kontakt 5.6.1, so this may be a project I could start.
    K

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook