Home Forums Pianobook Is there a guide to installing instruments into Kontakt?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recently load the Project Sam free orchestra into Kontakt and it appears nicely in Kontakt as a library. I can’t seem to do the same with instruments from Pianobook. I’m probably doing something wrong.

I’m sure I used Native Instruments and a serial number for the above so it was kinda easy.

Any help gratefully received.

Steve.

BemusedBemused
    Participant

Hi Steve
    Unfortunately you cannot place the pianobook instruments in the Kontakt library (a juicy fee has to be paid to Native Instruments to do this. Ask Spitfire). Just place your instrument in a folder on your computer. And navigate to it using the files tab on Kontakt I have a folder dedicated to the pianobook on a drive for samples,and they are all easy to access. Unless your version is an old version of Kontakt 5. That’s what you have to do.
    Bemused

markusmarkus
    Participant

Hi Steve,

for the Pianobook Instruments in Kontakt I use the Quickload function which is very useful to organise and “quick load” your sounds. Please check it out here:

markusmarkus
    Participant

You can simply drag your nki-Files into your Quickload browser and you have quick access.

Participant

Thanks for the guidance everyone 👍🏻

Participant

Hi all, when I add nki files to Kontakt via the files menu, the instrument comes up as a DEMO. This then times out after a period of using it. Ia there a way around this please?

I am using version 6.2.2 of Kontakt and it says that it is a Player version

Thank you in advance

Participant

“Hi all, when I add nki files to Kontakt via the files menu, the instrument comes up as a DEMO. This then times out after a period of using it.”

Same here

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by AvatarHafoman.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by AvatarHafoman.
    Participant

“Hi all, when I add nki files to Kontakt via the files menu, the instrument comes up as a DEMO. This then times out after a period of using it.”

Same here

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Not with Kontakt Player, which is in essence a demo version for you to assess whether purchasing the full kontakt is worthwhile.

Libraries can be made compatible with the Player version if the producer of the library purchases a license from Native Instruments. But virtually no one making free libraries for the fun of it out will want to pay out so that people using the Player version will be able to fully use it.

I used the Kontakt demo for maybe ten years before I purchased it as part of Komplete 10. It was a demo version that would run any library for 30 minutes and then time out.
    I believe with the Player version now you can save any changes you make that will load in the full version of Kontakt (useful, if you do decide to purchase it)

However, if the library comes with wave files, you’ll be looking at DAWs that have some tools or plugins or Standalone tools to help you create your own instruments.

And I think Christian said he was working on something that would allow us to load any (future ?) pianobook libraries in any format ?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by bo dinbo din.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook