Home Forums Pianobook IMPORTANT: New Logic Sampler

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ConnerConner
    Participant

Hi. Many of the instruments on this site are using the exs sampler format, and for those who are unaware, today apple replaced the exs sampler with two new sampler instruments in the logic 10.5 update.

I’ve only played around with the main multi-sampler a little bit so far, but the feel is quite different and admittedly unintuitive when expecting to use it like exs24.

The secret is not to. And fear not, this sampler is backwards compatible with old exs files, so none of your old stuff is lost.

But heres a couple things that took me a while to get used to:
    1. Sounds are saved in exs format through the preset menu now, you can still load things in with the group and zone tabs like before, as well as a load option within presets.

2. There is a new dedicated synth tab sitting on top of everything, and the modulation is sort of halfway between what it was before and alchemy

3. Seemingly you cannot save the samples inside of channel strips (expected as this is the old behavior) however in quick sampler you CAN.

IMPORTANT PART:

Since I didn’t keep the old version of logic, I can’t test if instruments created in the new sampler work in the old EXS24mkII instrument. I would imagine they do not however, so anybody on this site using macOS older than mojave 10.14.6 (the oldest version minimum required for the new update) may not be able to use the new instruments created in this new multi-sampler moving forward.

If somebody could test this you would be revered as a legend by me and I’m sure many others.

I would love to hear some comments / opinions and maybe things I’ve missed? As this is pretty game changing news for many of us lol

for now I’m gonna keep playing with the update and try to work some more info out.
    (The auto sampler finally making its way to logic ought to also be very exciting news for the community!)

ConnerConner
    Participant

UPDATE:

I have confirmed at least auto sampler is backwards compatible!

I had a friend check in the ableton sampler and exs24 from logic 10.4.something and both were able to load the auto-sampled instrument just fine!

I will continue to do more testing with compatibility

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook