I’m after New Age Pad sounds, can anyone help me out?

Home Forums Pianobook I’m after New Age Pad sounds, can anyone help me out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear Anyone.

I’m after pad sounds like these –

Karunesh – anything behind the lead tune sounds – the fluty sound and the other leads I have, it’s just the pads doing the backing…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXTg8EjZlU&list=PLI-3ofWwurjUqbdyfPEGsnIWcMzqZjXPj&index=3

Anything/everything apart from the guitar –

Everything apart from the piano.

Now I know this is a free sounds site but that’s not primarily why I’m asking here. It’s because you guys will know where they’re getting their sounds from. I’ve been looking for a decade now and I’ve still no idea where you get sounds like these. I’d love to know, I’d buy them if I had enough money. If there’s any here, I’d love to have them. I wsant to put out my own tunes but the sounds have to be this good these days.

I’ve tried programming my own but I feel like an artist trying to create their own tubes of colours before painting a picture, rather than going out and buying tubes of paint, THEN coming back and painting the picture. My programming skills, I’m being polite here, suck. And I’ve REALLY tried to get the hang of it but they STILL suck.

Especially using the third lot, Yellow Brick Cinema, as an example, would anyone be able to advise me where to get these pads/drones/whatever you want to call them, from? I’ve got Sampletank, UVI Workstation, Serum (but I’d prefer sounds for the first two.) Why? They’re multitimbral. I’m stuck on 32-bit at the moment because I’m disabled and all my disability software is 32-bit, the firm’s gone so it won’t be upgraded and I just don’t understand 64-bit nightmares. No teachers around my area, I’ve tried.

Please, if there’s some for Decent Sampler and there’s a 32-bit version of Decent Sampler, I’d happily use them. IF anyone knows where to get a 32-bit Kontakt/Kontakt Player and could advise me on where to get these kind of sounds for that, I’d use that too. As I’ve got Sampletank and UVI Workstation, both multitimbral, already, I’d love to know about libraries of these kind of sounds for either of those. I don’t know of any, if I did I’d have them. Last bit.

Why multitimbral? I use Quick Score Elite Level 2 which is a marvellous notation package and is FAR more capable than it looks (people think things have to look complex to be capabale, QSE looks very simple but has great depths.) There’s a quirk in its design, however. It’s got 8 initial channels. Each of those has 15 sub-channels. If the VST is monotimbral, of course you can’t access the sub-channels. If it’s multitimbral, of course you can. So it can have 8 monotimbral VSTs or 126 channels of sounds with multitimbral vsts. Of course, anything in between if some VSTs are multi and some aren’t. But you get what I mean.

If someone could tell me where these composers get these beautiful pad sounds from, I’d be indebted to them. All I could offer in return is mentioning them as a collaborator on any albums I get released, but I’d happily do that.

Yours hopefully – remembering I’m happy to pay within reason if it’s 32-bit, if there’s a demo version of whatever-it-is I could try first that would be good, just to make sure QSE can handle it, but I’d take the chance and not blame anyone otherwise –

Chris.

Participant

I’m surprised that you are not finding pad presets to your liking in Serum. I did a quick search for “free pad presets for serum” and found loads as well as many tutorials on how to make your own.

You will also want to add some long reverb and a stereo widener. Finally, add an arpeggiator vst with a shimmery bell like sound and perhaps a pan automation vst to give it some movement.

I don’t have Serum, but was able to recreate the sound using Vital which is like serum (64 bit only however) and the reverb, stereo and arpeggiator as described above on three tracks.

Participant

There is a bullet to bite, hard and crunchy on the outside,
    but oh so sweet on the inside, and the flavors last.

The 16 part multi-timbral Yoshimi synth, with the Folderol Collection soundset
    will be a great starting place for building layers of the existing sounds.
    You’ll want to set it up in the 32 bit AVLinux distro from

http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/ (It should be installed and ready)

Rufus will aid in a simple usbstick distro install of the downloaded AVLinux .iso file
    for safe testing:

https://rufus.ie/en/

There are videos on the AVL site, it’s based on debian MX Linux.
    Beyond that, getting familiar with the Rakarrack multi-fx presets,
    and choosing to turn on/off the effects on a given panel of 8 effects,
    will really put your music in a good place.

Use audacity to import and play your .wav files, and timemachine to record the output,
    at the tempo you choose in audacity as best for the particular piece.

These apps will be connected using qjackctl connection gui, again, youtube has videos
    to get through the first few hours, and you’ll be glad you did.

AVLinux has wine and plugin wrappers installed, so many windows plugins can be used in linux daws, Reaper and Mixbus daw demos are installed for convenience, and the important audio configurations are in place. You can test via a bootable dvd. Spend a couple days at this, no need to rush things, and I advise installing AVLinux on an external usb drive, so your current system is not put at risk. Later on, you can make other decisions based on experience with your hardware
    for a given piece of music.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook