Home Forums Pianobook I understand pianobook is for music composers

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Sid.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eoin O’Dowd
    Participant

But i was just wondering if it’s possible to submit foley fx and atmos sounds packaged for decent sampler on here.
    For example kind of like the media package from spitfire audio only things like footsteps sounds and general wind / rain atmosphere sounds that loop and can be pitched up or down.
    Something more for sound designers working in post production audio.

I recently put a clip together with these audio files and you can view the result here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EiX47uJpMo

Sid
    Participant

Well there is a section on Found Sounds. As long as you recorded the sounds completely yourself and own the copyright, should be interesting.

Eoin O’Dowd
    Participant

what about CC0 audio is it ok to include those even heavily processed and edited on pianobook as it’s a “do anything even commercial without attribution” license. https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/

Sid
    Participant

Well, I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but I would not trust any sound that I couldn’t trace back directly to whomever created it (me in most cases). Just because someone posted something on a website saying it is public domain doesn’t mean it actually is. The last thing we want is to get PianoBook in hot water with some audio with a dodgy provenance.

S Fyffe
    Keymaster

A sound fx/foley sample pack would be fine to submit. I’m sure they are members of the Pianobook community that would be interested but, as Sid says, only if you have recorded the sounds yourself.

rweeks
    Participant

I’d personally be crazy about atmos packs from pianobook.

Sid
    Participant

Atmospheric packs that I like currently on PB (under Found Sounds):
    Snow
    Into the Forest
    Freshwater Bay
    Fire
    Water Triptych: Rain, Stream and Wave
    Thrumming Textures: Earth
    Isolation Collaboration
    Isolation Collaboration: Extras
    Owl Choir

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.