I am Looking for Logic Pro X Users

Home Forums Pianobook I am Looking for Logic Pro X Users

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

HI,
    Looking for Logic Users while I slowly learn about creating my own samples and hopeful be able to use them in a playable instrument

Participant

Hi there no Logic Pro X users that have successful used new sampler and quick sampler to create multi sample instruments?

Participant

Brian, if you have a question, you should ask it. A post like “I’m looking for someone to ask a question of” is not going to get much of a response.

What questions do you have?

Participant

Thanks
    Ok I trying to create a very simple multisample instrument from a glass jar

I recorded 10 audio samples of me hitting the glass jar with each hit getting harder and louder so trying to capture velocity Layers

I done auto map but now

so now I want to learn how would I go about step by step how to manually set up groups and zones and map all the audio samples and along with their velocities to correctly map to my midi keyboard

What are the correct step by step so I can get a good workflow?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarBrian Craig.
    Participant

From my understanding, you have just one root pitch, 10 velocities, and no round-robins. Therefore you only need one group, and 10 zones:

Use Optimized to create an instrument
    The Optimized setting automatically determines the root notes of the zones and maps the zones across the keyboard. If there are multiple zones with the same root note, Sampler creates velocity layers—a different sample is triggered depending on how hard you strike the key—based on the perceived loudness of the samples. Sampler finds loop points, balances the volume levels of the zones based on their loudness, and automatically crops the zones. Choose the Optimized drop zone that works best for the samples you’re using:

With Zone Per File, Sampler analyzes the pitch and places the samples on the right keys. If you add samples of the same pitch with different velocities, Sampler creates velocity zones. Use this if you’re adding multiple samples of pitched instrument notes.

Other great info:

Christian’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook