How to load an SFZ instrument

Home Forums Pianobook How to load an SFZ instrument

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m new to the SFZ format and am a little lost. I’m trying to load the 9000ft Piano sfz file provided by Sid into sforzando, but I’m not sure how. Could someone either point me to a tutorial or explain here how to do it?
    Thanks!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I can’t load it either. I’m not sure what the issue is, the samples appear to load but I get no sound either in the plugin version or the standalone version.

I’d recommend trying another sfz file just to test sforando and reassure yourself you aren’t doing anything wrong.

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/ab-chase/ is a piano and has 2 sfz files you can try that I have checked and do work load into sforzando.

Then you can look for other sfz files on pianobook (I make it 76 sfz files on this site) or elsewhere.

Participant

If you look at the piano outlook down in the sforzando player, there are sometimes keys (most often low in the keyboard) with a different color that determine a variation. For instance with a guitar that you can choose slap, or normal, or a glissando down etcetera. If there is no sound, and there are these ‘variation keys’ (my words, it may be called otherwise), first click on a variation-key, and then there may be sound in the ‘normal’ keys.
    When you use the sforzando player in your DAW, and there are these variation keys, make sure that a click on a variation key is recorded once (at the beginning..) in that sforzando track. Otherwise after start up it may be that sforzando returns to default and is silent or gives an unwanted variation.
    Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook