HELP – Someone with RX7 Denoiser for “O’ Grady’s Old Dirty Wurli”

Home Forums Pianobook HELP – Someone with RX7 Denoiser for “O’ Grady’s Old Dirty Wurli”

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi,
    it’s not directly Pianobook, but it is about an E-Piano, and old time favourite of mine:

The “O’ Grady’s Old Dirty Wurli” Kontakt Instrument over at Gearslutz.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/691255-new-free-wurli-kontakt-instrument-2.html

He created a nice sounding Wurlitzer..which i would like to use but never did, because there is a lot of hum and an audible buzzing noise underlying the samples.

But… I dont have RX7, so could someone of you guys could try to denoise the original samples?

Would be interesting to see what denoising could achieve..
    Maybe we can invite O’Grady also over here to Pianobook. 😉

Would be great, THX, Peter

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Peter HintzePeter Hintze.
    Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Gosh, that was hard work. They were pretty noisy – sounds like a ground loop and dodgy circuitry!

Here you go…(I hope it’s ok, stayed up late to get it done for ya! 🙂 )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjeblda2360b9xo/Rhodes-Wurli%20-%20O%27Grady%27s%20Old%20Dirty%20Wurli%20NR.zip?dl=0

Kind regards,
    Darren

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi Darren,

wow great! Thank you so much for this! You are a helping hand for everyone here, first EXS conversion, now RX7 denoising! 😉

I will replace the samples with yours and try it as soon as my daughter let’s me..

Do you like the Wurlitzer as well?

Best regards, Peter

Ps. Have you found out something about release issue over at VI-Control? Did you try my randomize-code?

Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
    Participant

Hi Peter,

That’s no problem. To be honest, I was so zombified last night that I’m actually not sure if what I’ve done is good or bad. Please do let me know if I’ve gone too far with the NR and it sounds a bit lifeless.

I actually didn’t realise you were the same guy I was talking to on VI-C. I managed to find a solution to that in the end. But thanks again for helping.

Best wishes,
    Darren

Peter HintzePeter Hintze
    Participant

Hi Darren,

Very nice – Thank you. Your NR seems great, without losing too much characteristics of the original!

See image: 😉
    Comparison

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook