Full Kontakt required: Claustrophobic Piano is a non-Player instrument

Home Forums Pianobook Full Kontakt required: Claustrophobic Piano is a non-Player instrument

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have the full version of Kontakt 5 (too old to run the claustrophobic piano) and the Kontakt 6 Player, which after some time running fine (with the DEMO sign beside the claustrophobic piano name) gives me the message “Full Kontakt required: Claustrophobic Piano is a non-Player instrument. If you own a full Kontakt serial number, click below to launch Native Access and proceed the upgrade.”

The message is written clear but seems a little odd to me to not be able to use it with the free Kontakt 6 player. Not complaining at all, I’m just starting to use Kontakt 3rd party instruments and trying to understand if I’m doing something wrong or if claustrophobic piano really just works with full Kontakt 6.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Consider the Player version as a limited demo/trial version. You own Kontakt 5 and can fully test K6 to check to see if it is worth purchasing as can anyone who has never used Kontakt before.

If you upgrade from K5, NI have generated some return.
    If they sell K6 to a new customer, they have achieved what they set out to do which is attract a new source of income.

All the limitations are there for commercial reasons.

There are libraries that work without limitation in the Player version, but they require a license fee to be paid by the library creator to NI. That is why most of the libraries that work in the Player without limitation are commercial libraries.

With Claustrophobic Piano you could use the free Decent Sampler by Dave Hilowitz as an alternative;

Decent Sampler Plugin [FREE]

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by bo dinbo din.
    Participant

Makes sense to me.

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook